cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sending international text

jasmineyeo
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hey, 

I am trying to send an international text using the regular format to Malaysia, +601xxxxxxxx. Although the message indicates as delivered but the opposite side does not receive text still.

Am I doing it wrong or is there certain code needed to be included?

Please advice. Thanks!

8 REPLIES 8

jasmineyeo

Thanks! I will give it a try to see if this solve the problem I have.

@jasmineyeo  with all the currently available plans as long as you text from within Canada, you can send normal and mms texts anywhere internationally. Stay safe. 

GaryW

Most if not all, PM plans include international texting, as long as you are texting from your home region. If outside your home region, you need to purchase the international texting add-on, or use your phone to connect to the internet (or use data) and do your texting using an app (for example, Whatsapp). Check your account, look at your add-ons to see what you have, then decide.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire
    To send a SMS to a mobile phone number in Malaysia, simply:
    • 1. Dial the international access code for your country - (from North America you will need to dial 011; from the UK and other European countries, you will need to dial 00)
    • 2. Dial country code for Malaysia: 60
    • 3. Dial the mobile number in Malaysia, excluding the 0 at the beginning of the number

Lorca
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Wha? I think all plans include international text and picture messaging.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@jasmineyeo wrote:

Hey, 

I am trying to send an international text using the regular format to Malaysia, +601xxxxxxxx. Although the message indicates as delivered but the opposite side does not receive text still.

Am I doing it wrong or is there certain code needed to be included?

Please advice. Thanks!

With your PM plan you can text anywhere, while you're in Canada. Try sending message to 011-60 then the number.

Maybe receiving person has incoming restrictions.

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@jasmineyeo 

edit:

Did you purchase an $20.00 international text add on?

If you did not purchase this add on your current plan will not allow for text messaging to Malaysia.

Include Malaysia’s country code, “60. ” This specifies to your telephone provider that you’re calling Malaysia. Depending on its size, some countries have multiple country codes, but Malaysia only has one that you need to remember

One of the best options is to download textnow and you are able to text as much as you want for free, there are add's but its a pretty clean app for the most part.

Hope this is helpful. 

Need Help? Let's chat.