cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sending & Receiving Pictures from Polaroid A600

marilores
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Does anybody know how to make Polaroid A1600 send & receive text with pictures or images

I followed instructions but still not working, is there any other set up to do ?

Thanks for any help

12 REPLIES 12

Psygineer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

If you do a factory reset all the apps you installed and anything else you have on the phone that isn't issued by the factory will be wiped clean. Your Public Mobile information is stored on your SIM, you don't have to worry about setting up your phone number, etc. it's all done by the SIM which isn't touched by the factory reset.

Korth
Mayor / Maire

@marilores

You should login to your Self-Serve to verify that your plan includes Text (and, if you have the Limited Talk/Text plan, that you haven't already reached the maximum allocation).

But agreed with above, if Walmart sold you the phone and the (PM) plan then they should be able to make it work or replace/exchange it with something else that does.  Canadian consumer laws no longer require vendors to accept returns/exchanges unless the product is defective, but many vendors will do so anyways (especially if they can upsell at the same time).

They can also test whether another unlocked phone (same or different model, in the same store) is able to send/receive attachments with your PM SIM card, just to confirm/deny whether there's some kind of problem with your account or fault with the network.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@marilores  try deleting all your apns, and then following these settings https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Setting-up-Data-APN-on-your-phone/ta-p...

if they stiil dont send after a reboot then try changing the Set APN type to “default,mms,supl” and rebbot and try.

if after that nothing works wait 24 hrs and then try again.  after that not sure what else to suggest.  you could have the walmart person try troubleshooting as they set up the phone for you.

marilores

Thank you,  If I do a factory reset, do I have to reconfigure everything for Public Mobile .I don't know if I can do that ! The Tech at Walmart installed the SIM Card,for me. I'm not well verse technically

But I like you advise to just return the device as defective and get warranty exchange  | 

Thanks you

marilores

Thank you Deputy Mayor Kort

Yes I did re-start and check that changes were done,still can't send picture/images.

I can send and receive text but when there's attach image it will not send.

I did also installed a different  sms app,but no go.

Maybe  its that I;m not doing something right ,I;m not that tech-savvy !

Or maybe I need somebody to give me step by step process ? Is there anybody I can talk to help me ?

Thank you very much for help

marilores

Graeme

The phone is new. Do a factory data reset, reconfigure the APN settings and try again, and if that doesn't work, return it as defective and get a warranty exchange for phone that works.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@marilores

Did you try restarting the device to ensure all changes take effect?

And does your (PM) plan have Text?  Can you send/receive text msgs without attachments?

Text/SMS is just an app preinstalled in your phone's software ... you could try installing a different text/sms app if the default one doesn't work, it might or might not work but at least it could help confirm whether the phone settings are somehow misconfigured.

marilores

Yes I have those in my plan and data is turn on,what else can I do

marilores

APN  settings are ok, data is turn on,but still not able to send picture in text messaging

I dont know if there is any other settings to activate.

Korth
Mayor / Maire

@marilores

You need to have Text on your plan to send/receive SMS/MMS messages, of course.

@ShawnC13 is correct, you need cellular/mobile data enabled (active, turned on, whatever) for message attachments, although you don't need Data on your plan and no Data is consumed (as measured on PM's billing, anyhow).

You also need to configure your phone's APN settings for Public Mobile (then restart the device for settings to take effect) before Data or attachments will work.  This is a one-time setup thing.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@marilores wrote:

Does anybody know how to make Polaroid A1600 send & receive text with pictures or images

I followed instructions but still not working, is there any other set up to do ?

Thanks for any help

Do you have mobile data turned on?  Not sure if you have data on your plan but some people who are talk and text only have had mobile data setting turned to off.  You don't get charged for data but MMS needs data turned on.  

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.