cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sending SMS (text message) to Egypt or any Internation country

amamdouh0
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello, everyone, I got a new SIM card with a new number not porting and I am trying to send SMS to Egypt, and I tried to send to other friends in Saudi Arabia but they didn't receive any

does anyone has any solution?

6 REPLIES 6

@amamdouh0 Seems you will need to do some experiments in order to completely understand the situation. Some suggestions:

1. try your PM SIM in a different unlocked phone
  2. try a different carrier SIM in your phone
  3. force an update of the message centre number:

• Go to Settings

• Then go to Mobile networks and select a network other than Public Mobile, Telus, or Koodo

• When you exit the menu the phone should lose the network.

• Repeat the process and select Public Mobile as your mobile network.

If you confirm the problem resides with PM's service open a trouble ticket. To obtain a ticket, click on https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/ and enter your question in SIMon. Follow / invent the prompts until you reach the Contact Us button, click on it and a Submit Ticket button should appear. To confirm that your ticket has been submitted, check the SEND box in your private messages; click on the small envelope next to your avatar at the top right of your screen.

If you have problems submitting a ticket, you can also send a private message to the moderators, but this alternative contact method may have a longer response time. Click: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

As a workaround you, and your friends, could all install the same texting app; Whatsapp, Signal, Telegram, Facebook messenger, etc.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

amamdouh0

yes I did, for example, I entered +20100****** and I got the delivery report it delivered but they don't

amamdouh0

I tried this one but still, they don't receive any

benfatto
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@amamdouh0 If you reply to message they have sent, do those also fail?

Do all sms fail, or just long messages?

@amamdouh0 @Jb456 

I would just use +20 or +966 and then the rest of the number. That seems simpler to me.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Are you texting those countries correctly? You have to use the dial out code/country codes.

1. 011 - Exit code for Canada, and is needed for making any international call from Canada.
  2. 20 - ISD Code or Country Code of Egypt.
  3. Area code - There are 29 area codes in Egypt.

Saudi Arabia from Canada. Step 1: Exit code – 011. Your international phone number should start with Canada exit code. Step 2: Country code – 966.

Need Help? Let's chat.