cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: Send and receive pics and video

turn on data is good

 

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Re: Send and receive pics and video

@Jackhyf63 A picture or video message will count as 1 text message.

 

@hycm53  You may need to configure your APN settings, they should look like:

 

Name: Public Mobile
APN: sp.mb.com 
Proxy: Leave blank 
Port: Leave blank 
Username: Leave blank 
Password: Leave blank 
Server: Leave blank 
MMSC: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc 
MMSC proxy: 74.49.0.18 
MMS port: 80 
MCC: 302 
MNC: 220 
Authentication type: Leave blank 
APN type: default,mms,agps,supl,fota,hipri

APN protocol: IPv4

APN roaming protocol: IPv4

Bearer: Unspecified

MVNO type: GID
MVNO value: 4D4F

Don't forget to save these settings and then select this APN as the active one.

 

Android 

Settings > More / More Networks / Wireless & Networks > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names > New APN setting (or a plus sign)

 

Iphone

Settings > Cellular > Cellular Data Options > Cellular Network
OR
Settings > Mobile Data > Mobile Data Options > Mobile Data Network.

Highlighted
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Re: Send and receive pics and video


@Alex888 wrote:

@Jackhyf63 A picture or video message will count as 1 text message.

 

@hycm53  You may need to configure your APN settings, they should look like:

 

Name: Public Mobile
APN: sp.mb.com 
Proxy: Leave blank 
Port: Leave blank 
Username: Leave blank 
Password: Leave blank 
Server: Leave blank 
MMSC: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc 
MMSC proxy: 74.49.0.18 
MMS port: 80 
MCC: 302 
MNC: 220 
Authentication type: Leave blank 
APN type: default,mms,agps,supl,fota,hipri

APN protocol: IPv4

APN roaming protocol: IPv4

Bearer: Unspecified

MVNO type: GID
MVNO value: 4D4F

Don't forget to save these settings and then select this APN as the active one.

 

Android 

Settings > More / More Networks / Wireless & Networks > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names > New APN setting (or a plus sign)

 

Iphone

Settings > Cellular > Cellular Data Options > Cellular Network
OR
Settings > Mobile Data > Mobile Data Options > Mobile Data Network.


Instead of using the IP address for MMSC proxy it is better to use the hostname mmscproxy.mobility.ca just in case the IP changes in the future. Also for MMSC Port you can use 8799 instead of 80.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Re: Send and receive pics and video


@sandpublic wrote:

Instead of using the IP address for MMSC proxy it is better to use the hostname mmscproxy.mobility.ca just in case the IP changes in the future. Also for MMSC Port you can use 8799 instead of 80.


Ok. Cool. But why? I would have to imagine that that ip address is a fixed ip. And why the different port when 80 works anyway and is the standard?

Just curious.

Highlighted
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Re: Send and receive pics and video


@z10user4 wrote:

@sandpublic wrote:

Instead of using the IP address for MMSC proxy it is better to use the hostname mmscproxy.mobility.ca just in case the IP changes in the future. Also for MMSC Port you can use 8799 instead of 80.


Ok. Cool. But why? I would have to imagine that that ip address is a fixed ip. And why the different port when 80 works anyway and is the standard?

Just curious.


Hostnames should always be preferred over IPs it's a standard practice. Let's say in the future if the provider adds a second IP for load balancing if you use the IP you will not be able to take advantage of it. As for the port I prefer to be with the few and not the many 😊