cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Send Email to Messenger

CherylKirby
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Help, please!   Your phone's SMS "address" is your 10-digit number followed by your carrier's SMS gateway. Example if I were using Nextel, that would be my 10 digit number followed by [your number]@messaging.nextel.com. Could you please tell me about Public Mobile's?

6 REPLIES 6

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

I was going to say the same thing [10 digit phone number]@msg.telus.com for sms and [10 digit number]@mms.mb.telus.com for mms. 

CherylKirby

Thanks! Interesting little switch on Telus' own version! My mom will appreciate it so much! Awesome!

anya

Hi @CherylKirby try;

[10digitnumber]@msg.telus.com

According to this thread that may work for you.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/can-I-send-email-to-sms-public-mobile-use...

EDIT: I tested this and it works for me!

CherylKirby
  1. Sign in to Gmail on a computer at gmail.com

2. Click Compose to create a new message

3. Enter the phone number in the to: field (full 10 digit number for the US) followed by the SMS gateway listing (the “domain name” for the carrier). For example 1234567890@tmomail.net. Check out common Mail-to-SMS Gateway listings.

4. Write your message

5. Click Send and your SMS will be sent to the phone number you entered

CherylKirby

I was using Nextel as an example. I used to use Telus and it was my number plus @msg.telus.com. "5555555555@msg.telus.com"  That would allow my mother who has a computer but not a smartphone to send emails directly to my texts.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@CherylKirby, Not sure what you mean by SMS address.  In order to receive a text message (SMS), the sender would simply send to your (Public Mobile) 10 digit phone number.  Your example sounds like an email address that is provided by nextel.

Need Help? Let's chat.