cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Self Serve username is "not available", use a different email address...

Public_Exposure
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am setting a phone up for my elderly father and he uses a single email address. I would not think this makes a difference, but I'm in Alberta and will be visiting him next month in BC (with phone). He nor I have ever set up a phone at Public Mobile so his email address can't be "taken".

16 REPLIES 16

Public_Exposure

I have not but intend to. Will report back here with answer.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Public_Exposure I agree it is fustrating when mods ask you to resupply info that was already provided to them. 

Have you tried changing the user name to the one you wanted?

Public_Exposure

I sent message in to mod with all the info, they got back in about two days asking for all the info I had already sent in. So sent it again with a wish that the old email address be freed up but did say I remembered he has another email address and we used that. Never heard back from mod as to why it could not be used or if it has now been validated. Not a very good response. 

I had this problem directly with Public Mobile, as I had a test plan while devint if I wanted to come to Public.  I had let this expire past the 90 day limbo period, and was unable to use my email address again, until after I used a new address.

once I fully registered, I switched back to my regular email address with out issue.

@Public_Exposure Just to make life easier for you, why not use an email alias that resolves to your main email address? Then your father can totally ignore the account and leave it all to you. https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Self-Serve/Workaround-How-to-create-multiple-accounts...

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

mimmo

Koodo prepaid and pm share the same backend system. Usernames ie email  being a unique field can not be the same  in both systems.

@Anonymous wrote:

@krazykiwi wrote:

@mimmo wrote:

Was that email ever used  with  koodo prepaid?

Has this been an issue with Koodo as well?

My guess is that mimmo_L was going towards related computer systems as a possibility.

@Public_Exposure wrote:

My Dad used to have a mobile phone with TELUS a few years ago. But we checked at a TELUS store the last time I was there and they said it was dead as a doornail and closed. So that is likely it, it's still sitting in some database somewhere. I'm sure they will be able to free it up next week. Glad we're not in a hurry. 

They work weekends so it may be sooner.

Public_Exposure

My Dad used to have a mobile phone with TELUS a few years ago. But we checked at a TELUS store the last time I was there and they said it was dead as a doornail and closed. So that is likely it, it's still sitting in some database somewhere. I'm sure they will be able to free it up next week. Glad we're not in a hurry. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@krazykiwi wrote:

@mimmo wrote:

My guess is that mimmo_L was going towards related computer systems as a possibility.

@mimmo wrote:

Public_Exposure

No, I have sent a message to Mod, will see what they say.

mimmo

@Public_Exposure wrote:

Yes, 100% sure. Looked for extra spaces, spelling, have tried twice. Wish I could copy paste from address book to be 100% sure that way, but form locks that out.

follow the steps above to contact the MODs.

Public_Exposure

Yes, 100% sure. Looked for extra spaces, spelling, have tried twice. Wish I could copy paste from address book to be 100% sure that way, but form locks that out.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Public_Exposure, My best guess would be that someone used it mistakenly.  You have a few options:  Get a different email address to use with Public Mobile, OR contact the moderator team and ask them to check/cleanup/release the account *IF* it is not actually in use.  However, I am not sure if they would even be able to do anything.

Click here to send the moderator team a private message. Their hours are: Mon-Fri 9AM-9PM(EST) & Sat/Sun 9AM-7:30PM(EST)
You can find information regarding the moderator team by following this link.

krazykiwi
Mayor / Maire

@Public_Exposure wrote:

I am setting a phone up for my elderly father and he uses a single email address. I would not think this makes a difference, but I'm in Alberta and will be visiting him next month in BC (with phone). He nor I have ever set up a phone at Public Mobile so his email address can't be "taken".

You are correct, if you have never used that email to set up an account then it should be available. Are you sure you have the email address 100% correct. 

Edit: If you are 100% sure then contact the MODs, explain you situation and ask if there is anything they can tell you, even if they say yes it is being used.

To get help with your account, activation, or service? Please contact the Community Moderator Team to get help with your account.They are Public Mobile support employees who can help with your issue; "https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-Contacting-our-Community-Moder..."

Click here to send them a private message. 'https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437  '

In your message please include: PM Phone Number, 4 digit PIN, Account email address, Detailed explanation of your issue.

Don't know your pin? Provide any 3 of the following: Complete mailing address, Email address, Alternate phone number, Date of birth, Last top up date amount.

How long until they reply? Office Hours: Mon-Fri 9am to 9pm, and Sat-Sun 9am to 7:30pm [Toronto Time]. Messages are replied to during business hours and in the order they are received. Typical response time is between 1-3 hours, but can be up to 48 hours.

There is no need to send multiple messages.Some good posts/reads: Search PM GUIDE to find some great posts and answers to many common questions.

If either response to your particular request leads to the resolution of your issue , please help other community members by marking that post as the solution. Thank You

Need Help? Let's chat.