Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I would like to get a 514 (Montreal) phone number

16 REPLIES 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jonlocke 

no option for request a specific numbe,

you can Changing Your Number,

You can change your phone number up to 4 times every 30 days after you’ve activated. To change or transfer your number after activation, go to your Self Serve Account here link and:

• Select the “Plans and Add ons” tab
  • Click on “Change Phone Number”
  • Then, you can choose to select a new phone number or to transfer a wireless or wireline number from another provider.

You will need to provide the same information as requested during the activation process above.Your previous service provider may also send an SMS text to validate the transfer, so ensure your old SIM card is still in your device so you can receive and respond to this message. Please do not replace your old SIM card with your Public SIM until the number has been successfully transferred.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jonlocke : Used to be you could select the last 4 digits during activation. Not anymore.

jonlocke
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Is it possible to request a specific number that is not in the offered list? The last time I set up an account for my older daughter I was able to search for an available number. That option doesn't seem to be there anymore.

You can always call your local landline telco, and see if they will set you up with a 514 number.... Then you can port out. Lots of "old" numbers on landline prefixes are freeing up but not being used for mobile service.

Another idea check out numberbarn.com... they have a couple dozen 514 numbers in the $150 USD price range, and one for $15 in Île-Perrot you could purchase and port-in...

Oh! lastly I just checked voip.ms - they list over 200+ 514 numbers in Montreal available, for only 85 cents / month! You could buy one from them and port it out too.

@RosieR wrote:

@jnwilliam wrote:

Hi @jnwilliam you had posted the same question on another thread  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/Pin-Activation/m-p/656202/highlight/t...

and the reply from oracle @Luddite is this 

• No, PM no longer offers 514 to new customers. You can only select from the area codes offered.

However, if you already have a 514 # it can be transferred to PM.

I wouldn't rule it out as completely impossible, just as extremely unlikely. This goes for many of the larger cities that have had other area codes implemented for the same location.  I've heard of 604 Vancouver and 416 or 647 Toronto phone numbers still showing up as being available for activation on rare occassion.  I've also personally seen a 613 area code Ottawa phone number available.

jnwilliam

Thanks I will try that

TheGx
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@jnwilliam :Try free phone number services like the Fongo app they might have 514 area codes available, or try other phone companies for that area code - then register with Fongo or etc, afterwards port that number to Public.

Try Fongo first since it free, they should still have that area code available.

@jnwilliam wrote:

Hello

I cannot register for self serve. I currently do not have a public mobile phone number..... I am trying to get that

@jnwilliam You had another thread where you had difficulty entering a voucher PIN. Was that for someone else's account?

@jnwilliam wrote:

Hello

I cannot register for self serve. I currently do not have a public mobile phone number..... I am trying to get that

@jnwilliam You need a Public Mobile sim card, then visit https://activate.publicmobile.ca/

Edit: See reply by @RosieR on availability of 514 to new customers.

RosieR
Mayor / Maire

@jnwilliam wrote:

Hi @jnwilliam you had posted the same question on another thread  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/Pin-Activation/m-p/656202/highlight/t...

and the reply from oracle @Luddite is this 

• No, PM no longer offers 514 to new customers. You can only select from the area codes offered.

However, if you already have a 514 # it can be transferred to PM.

@jnwilliam wrote:

Hello

When you activate you will be presented with a list of numbers to choose from.

jnwilliam

Hello

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@jnwilliam 

Go here on your self-serve landing page:

HALIMACS_0-1613598821712.png

jnwilliam

Thanks, I will try it.

Jason

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@jnwilliam wrote:

If you are a current PM customer you can change your phone number in self service every 30 days. Log in and choose Change Number.

181B5875-9CEF-496C-8EBF-95A9D5409707.jpeg

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@jnwilliam wrote:

@jnwilliam Go into your self serve and select change number. Pick the area code you want by city/area listed (assuming it is available) then select a number to go with it.

Need Help? Let's chat.