cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scammer?

ZapplePi
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I’m new. I just noticed on my Usage section that two calls have originated from my number with a destination number 778-580-4001. I’ve never called that number. When I reversed looked it up, it was reported as a very possible scammer number. How can they be calling with my number?

16 REPLIES 16

@slash407 wrote:

you can change the voicemail number through, the voicemail settings too

Changing the voicemail number in your phone can't do anything to your usage history in your phone for when someone calls and leaves a message.  In fact, the place number your callers get routed to leave voicemail is controled on the network end.

The other thing is if your voicemail is working properly, this isn't something you would be wanting to mess around with.  If it aint broke, don't fix it.

kevin9054
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

It's a voicemail number.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@stonechucker wrote:

Unless I'm mistaken, the subscriber was questioning who or how the calls to voicemail were being made from his/her phone, and it wasn't them dialling it.

@stonechucker great question!!!!  I have an even better one for you?

Why the heck is this marked as the soluiton?  How does this reply from @slash407 marked as the solution??? :

@slash407 wrote:

you can change the voicemail number through, the voicemail settings too

Ugh.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@ZapplePi wrote:

I’m new. I just noticed on my Usage section that two calls have originated from my number with a destination number 778-580-4001. I’ve never called that number. When I reversed looked it up, it was reported as a very possible scammer number. How can they be calling with my number?

This absolutely is the voicemail number.  It just means that someone call and got direct there.

How would a "scammer" get into your service and make a call?

Don't beleive everything you read.  Even if the people labeling this phone number as belonging to scammer are truthful, that would just mean that someone is hiding behind this phone number so that you don't know who they are.  Someone could do this with any phone number, and it does not mean that the calls are coming from that number.

@slash407, unless the user has another voice mail they'd prefer it to go to, why would you suggest changing the voicemail number?

Unless I'm mistaken, the subscriber was questioning who or how the calls to voicemail were being made from his/her phone, and it wasn't them dialling it.

@srlawren at the beginning of the 3 accounts in my family we had those adjustements with the voicemail number..we didn't use this number but it was done automatically...so I just write to him that he will have the same thing with texts if he has a iphone...

srlawren

@Lieux wrote:

Your phone and the voicemail..you will see texts if you have an iphone from the 474663 soon too.. @ZapplePi same 

@Lieux wrote:

It's done automatically at the beginning @ZapplePi

@Lieux the texting thing is an entirely differen thing from the voicemail access numbers.  Better to leave that as a separate discussion because it just confuses this thread.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

srlawren

@ZapplePi wrote:

I don’t recall phoning to check my voicemail. So new I haven’t done that yet....

@ZapplePi you will see this in your usage history when someone calls you and either (1) the call doesn't reach your phone for whatever reason, or (2) it does and you don't answer it.  This is the call being transferred to your voicemail box.  It is absolutely nothing to be alarmed about.

For your reference, here's a full list of all the local voicemail access numbers PM uses:  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/access-voice-mail-out-of-home...

It's done automatically at the beginning @ZapplePi

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@ZapplePi wrote:

That will be your voicemail number

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Your phone and the voicemail..you will see texts if you have an iphone from the 474663 soon too.. @ZapplePi same 

SD08

@ZapplePi wrote:

That should be the number to dial your voice mail.  PM's voice mail numbers usually end with 4001 or 4002.

ZapplePi

I don’t recall phoning to check my voicemail. So new I haven’t done that yet....

ZapplePi

Adjust what?

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

Yes that's it don't worry!! It's to adjust everything! @ZapplePi

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

It look like the voicemail number... @ZapplePi

Need Help? Let's chat.