cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung s8 Data toggle not show for quick access

Rehat
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello Team,

I checked and try to find data toggle for my Samsung S8 canadian version, how ever I have to do manually from network  settings each time. How to add toggle when we swipe  down,like wifi or flight mode quick  access?

I would appreciate any help.

Thank you

8 REPLIES 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

I tried all this on my S7/A8 to no avail.

I found an app a while ago called Switch that takes me to the settings page with the data toggle. But that quick list would be much better.

Rehat

Thanks a lot!this one worked really well. Other options not applicable. 

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Rehat 

(source: XDA Developers)

First, download the ADB binary straight from Google for your particular OS and extract it to a separate directory on your computer.

Next, install the proper driver for your particular phone.

Then, enable “USB Debugging” in Settings –> Developer Options. If you don’t see Developer Options, then you will need to enable it by going to Settings –> About Phone then tapping on Build number 7 times.

Finally, ensure that ADB is working by starting a command prompt in the same directory as the ADB binary (right-click –> “open command prompt here”) and run the following command:

adb devices

If you see your device’s serial number (and it doesn’t say unauthorized), you’re golden. If you see a pop-up on your phone asking you to grant your computer ADB access, then say yes. If you don’t see either happen, then try rebooting your computer/phone and re-plugging it into your computer. Otherwise, try re-installing the driver.

Sending the ADB Command to Enable Mobile Data Toggle
Once you’ve confirmed ADB is working, it’s time to run the command. First, enter the following command to enter ADB shell:

adb shell

Your terminal/command prompt should now show that you are within the shell environment of your device. Once you’re in, enter this next command:

settings get secure sysui_qs_tiles

This will output a comma separated list of names that represent your current Quick Settings tiles. Copy this list down (save it in your clipboard, to a text file, whatever.) If you do not save this list, all of your existing Quick Settings tiles will disappear in the next command. Next, enter the following command:

settings put secure sysui_qs_tiles "YOUROLDLIST,MobileData,Hotspot"

Where YOUROLDLIST represents the comma separated list of Quick Setting tiles that you saved just before and MobileData is the name of the Mobile Data Toggle, appended to the end of the original tiles list.

Hotspot is the name of the Mobile Hotspot tile. Note the comma between the old list and the two additions, MobileData and Hotspot, and also note the use of quotation marks. Basically, all we’re doing is appending the name of the Mobile Data and Hotspot toggle to the end of our original tile list.

Once you enter this command, you should immediately see the Mobile Data and Hotspot toggle show up at the end of your Quick Settings tiles. You can then re-arrange it as you please so it will appear on the first page. This toggle will persist through reboots, but won’t survive a factory reset.

jaijai
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Pull down notifications

Click on the little pencil icon

You should now be able to edit the icons on the bar, add/remove items.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@Rehat wrote:

I have only button order option where you can edit the order for buttons. But data not one of them.

@Rehat 

Does it say Reset in button order at the bottom?

Screenshot_20200306_123046.jpg

Rehat

I have only button order option where you can edit the order for buttons. But data not one of them.

Pull down the bar.

Click 3 dots on top right.

Click button order

Click reset.

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Rehat 

When you pull down do you see a little pen or edit option?Screenshot_20200306-122620~2.png

Need Help? Let's chat.