cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Re: Samsung Galaxy s7 g930w8 Switching from koodo sim to pm Sim

Where can I find the apn settings? Just for reference ?

Meaning on the PM site, not my device. Like the setup instructions

Highlighted
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Pawprints1986 wrote:

Where can I find the apn settings? Just for reference ?

Meaning on the PM site, not my device. Like the setup instructions

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/Multiple-Issues-I-need-help/m-p/50188... 

Highlighted

@CannonFodder wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

@Pawprints1986 wrote:

1 other related question... Once I'm ported over to PM, will I need to change any settings to be able to access data properly ? Any step by step available regarding that process ? Or because I was koodo which is also telus like PM will it remain the same? 

Fairly recent phones sold by Telus or Kooodo aren't going to need any changes to the APN settings to use data on the device at Public Mobile. 

REALLY!? 😯  I suppose there's something in there relating to "fairly recent phones", because my Galaxy S3, which had APN settings for Koodo still on it, wasn't able to access data on PM 'til I added some APN settings for PM.

It's look like your model was made a few years to early. I know that the 2015 version of the Moto G had Public Mobile settings in there already. I've also tried a few other Telus devices and those didn't need Public Mobile's settings to be entered manually either. 

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@Pawprints1986 

I bought my phone used from a repair store. The previous owner upgraded it to Android 8.0.0. Apparently it's not 10 eligible.

Settings/Connections/Mobile networks/Access Point Names

I'll just type what is set:

whatever name

APN = sp.mb.com

MMSC = http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc

MMS proxy = mmscproxy.mobility.ca

MMS Post = 8799

MCC = 302

MNC = 220

APN Type = default,mms,supl (<-hotspotting might need ,dun)

APN Protocol = IPv4

MVNO type = GID

MVNO value = 4D

Highlighted

Yep, mines on 8 as well but I'm fine with that. Still perfectly supported. But are you meaning that not being on 10 means I'll have to manually change those settings ?

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@Pawprints1986 

No. Like I said...I don't think I had to do anything. I also don't recall it resetting. But I hadn't moved the phone here from another provider and would have done a factory reset when I got it and the phone would have had no useful data on it...so I don't remember.

Highlighted
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Pawprints1986  On my old phone, a Samsung J1 2016,  I didn't have to change my APN  settings. And everything worked properly.  But I did a factory reset before. On my new phone a Umidigi F1 from Amazon I had to set my APN To these below:

Screenshot_20200323-162159.jpg

Highlighted

Just coming back to confirm, for anyone with this model anyway, that my phone did in fact not factory reset after the sim swap. I did a backup first to be safe and will keep it, but no reset is official 🙂 of course I can't speak for other models officially, but in case others with this model are looking to switch

Oh and also, my data worked without having to change any settings on my device

One more thing I'm thinking to add, I had a mild heart attack when I got a koodo email stating my service was canceled (not ported)... But not even 2 minutes later got the text from public that I was all set up with the phone number from koodo!