cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Re: Samsung Galaxy s7 g930w8 Switching from koodo sim to pm Sim

I will update when I make the switch, just in case for anyone else wondering the same with the same model. But to be safe I can do a full backup first just to be safe, rather be too prepared 🙂

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@CannonFodder 

Yeah I noticed it after posting:)

Btw did some people get the quote button back? I can't find mine anywhere

I miss that little button

Highlighted
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@kselmak wrote:

@CannonFodder 

Yeah I noticed it after posting:)

Btw did some people get the quote button back? I can't find mine anywhere

I miss that little button

Well, as you can see, it's working fine for me, and has been all day..... for a change. However, I won't be holding my breath expecting it to STILL be working tomorrow, but if it is, I'll be pleasantly surprised.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Frickin' thing. I had it earlier today. Now I don't. Nothing's changed. How ridiculous is that?

Highlighted

@z10user4 wrote:

Frickin' thing. I had it earlier today. Now I don't. Nothing's changed. How ridiculous is that?

Ah, but did you log out between then and now? I have, several times, but it still continues working, but in the past several days, it can be working, and then when I log back in, a few hours later, then it's not working, or vice versa..... 🤔 

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

No I didn't log out. It's the unpredictability that is ridiculous.

Highlighted
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

1 other related question... Once I'm ported over to PM, will I need to change any settings to be able to access data properly ? Any step by step available regarding that process ? Or because I was koodo which is also telus like PM will it remain the same? 

Highlighted

@Pawprints1986 wrote:

1 other related question... Once I'm ported over to PM, will I need to change any settings to be able to access data properly ? Any step by step available regarding that process ? Or because I was koodo which is also telus like PM will it remain the same? 

Fairly recent phones sold by Telus or Kooodo aren't going to need any changes to the APN settings to use data on the device at Public Mobile. 

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@Pawprints1986 

No. You'll need to set up the Public Mobile APN settings. It may also just do it on it's own. I also have an S7 and I don't recall having to change anything like that. My older Windows Phone yes.

Highlighted

@computergeek541 wrote:

@Pawprints1986 wrote:

Fairly recent phones sold by Telus or Kooodo aren't going to need any changes to the APN settings to use data on the device at Public Mobile. 

REALLY!? 😯  I suppose there's something in there relating to "fairly recent phones", because my Galaxy S3, which had APN settings for Koodo still on it, wasn't able to access data on PM 'til I added some APN settings for PM.