cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy XCover 4 supported?

dwdrajesh
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, I was just checking at the Public Mobile's Phone compatibility website and for Samsung, it lists Galaxy XCover, XCover2 and XCover3 only. My phone is XCover4 and I have been using it with Rogers and even Freedom Mobile's SIM card did work. Will it work with Public Mobile, I would think it would but the website does not list it. Thanks

7 REPLIES 7

@dwdrajesh wrote:

my model is SM-G390W. I checked the Samsung website says it supports 3G UMTS (B1(2100), B2(1900), B4(AWS), B5(850)) and 4G FDD LTEB1(2100), B2(1900), B3(1800), B4(AWS), B5(850), B7(2600), B12(700), B13(700), B17(700), B20(800), B29(700), B66(AWS-3).

Does this mean it will work with Data on public Mobile's 3G and 4G both

As from earlier, the G390W is a Canadian-only version and is the same as was sold by Telus a couple of years ago. It does have a full range of both 3g and  LTE frequencies compatible with Public Mobile. However, I do believe that LTE speeds are limited to category 3 (150Mbps), although that's not going to matter for Public Mobile's current talk/text/data plans.

@dwdrajesh , as @computergeek541 says above, yes this sub model will be fully compatible with PM.

@dwdrajesh wrote:

my model is SM-G390W. I checked the Samsung website says it supports 3G UMTS (B1(2100), B2(1900), B4(AWS), B5(850)) and 4G FDD LTEB1(2100), B2(1900), B3(1800), B4(AWS), B5(850), B7(2600), B12(700), B13(700), B17(700), B20(800), B29(700), B66(AWS-3).

Does this mean it will work with Data on public Mobile's 3G and 4G both?

dwdrajesh
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Does this mean it will work with Data on public Mobile's 3G and 4G both?

@dwdrajesh wrote:

Hi, I was just checking at the Public Mobile's Phone compatibility website and for Samsung, it lists Galaxy XCover, XCover2 and XCover3 only. My phone is XCover4 and I have been using it with Rogers and even Freedom Mobile's SIM card did work. Will it work with Public Mobile, I would think it would but the website does not list it. Thanks

The Samsung Xcover4 absolutely does work at Public Mobile.  In fact, Telus actually sold this model.

Be careful which variant you get. The G390W is the variant that you want as it not only supports both HSPA bands used at Telus/Public, but also supports a good range of the LTE bands used.  The G930W is also the same version that Telus sold.  This model will also work on the 3g/HSPA networks of both Freedom and Videotron  If you're wondering, I know for a fact that Frequency Check got the UMTS specs wrong for this version: it does work on Freedom 3g.  The G390W was only officialy sold in the Canadian market.

The G390F will also work at Public Mobile.. This variant also supports both UMTS bands 2 and 5

It's really the G390Y that you don't want to get because of lmited LTE bands. However, based ont he informatoin that I see, even this will sill work at Public Mobile on the 3g bands.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@dwdrajesh what's the  sub model? 

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

@dwdrajesh 

According to

https://www.samsung.com/ca/smartphones/galaxy-xcover4-g390/ 

It is compatible both 3g and LTE matches Telus

I guess there are different versions of it

You can figure out the version if you go to settings/about this phone

Warning though your phone may be unlicked it may have locked itself to the first provider. Good news is that Samsung and Rogers both must give you the unlock key free of charge.

Another thing is that I have heard of Samsung phones doing the reset when changing the sim without any warning, do please make sure you backup everything you have on it before switching sims

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@dwdrajesh according to Gishan.net there in 4g LTE coverage. So no, sorry. Basically you can talk and text, but your data would depend only on 3g coverage. So, where there isn't any, you won't have any data.

https://apn-canada.gishan.net/en/apn/public-mobile/samsung-galaxy-xcover-4https://apn-canada.gishan....

@dwdrajesh wrote:

Need Help? Let's chat.