cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Same email, new user

jayconnolly
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I signed my mom up for a public mobile account and all went well. Now she is too sick to need a phone, but my dad would like to switch to PM from another carrier. When we change the name in the account, the system rejects him because it's the same email my mom used. They've shared the email address for 20 year and, for obvious reasons, don't want to change now. Is there a way to completely delete the original account, or, failing that, to permit him to use a different credit card and sim with the old email addy?

Thank you,

Jay

2 REPLIES 2

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@jayconnolly  Once you dad ports his number to your Mom's PM account his account with his previous provider will automatically close. This way the email stays the same and you can easily change the name on the account by accessing selfserve without the need to cancel the current PM account.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

sorry to hear about your mom.

if your moms account is still active then you just need to port in your dads number into that account.  and then change the credit card info.  this would in essence cancel the current number on the PM side.  I believe that is what you are wanting to do.

Need Help? Let's chat.