cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

START RUNNING AWAY....QUICKLY

mattspec
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Before you make and strange decisions to work with this company. Save yourself a LOT of time, headache maybe even a few bucks! (top addon for data is 1GB @ $30)

This company has only this place for you to contact them. If you ever need help you have to send your private information in a freetext box on this forum in a DM (dont choose the wrong person now) expact to wait "Up to 48 Hours" but there is no real SLA. They will get around to you when theyre good and ready.

If by some grace of god you do set up service with this company, do expect that in your first few months (or your first mis-step) that you will run into a service crippling situation. Usually caused by or (in my case) followed up by account crippling bugs.

#FairWarning

@Luddite has made a great post I wish i had read months ago:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/BE-PREPARED/m-p/112014#M20827

16 REPLIES 16

@mattspecto be clear

You prefer sitting on hold for 2 hours with Rogers, then waiting a couple days to have a problem fixed, versus sending a private message to Public and having the problem fixed in a couple days?

Yeah personally I prefer sending a message and letting someone fix it

We all can handle a bnad review, but this review was posted by someone who didn 't do their research  about the only way to contact or gain customer service.  The thing is PM isn't for everybody.  I haven't had any issues since signing up in Nov of 16.  I have save A LOT of money and have the same if not better cell service then my previous provider.  I did my research and weighed out the pros and cons and found that I could deal with some shaky service or delays in customer service for what I was going to be paying.  To my surprise I haven't had to deal with the issues I had prepared myself for.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

mattspec

Well enjoy beating it to death then. If you guys can't handle a bad review in the only place I have to communicate with this company thats fine. Many more people will run into the trouble that I did. They too will have an experience similar to mine and the company will gain a bad reputation and collapse under is own weight.

It's been days and the company doesn't even moderate or reply to a topic this strongly worded. Funny? Sad? I'm not sure, I don't care much anymore.

I'm gone. Cya.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@mattspec wrote:

This company has only this place for you to contact them. If you ever need help you have to send your private information in a freetext box on this forum in a DM (dont choose the wrong person now) expact to wait "Up to 48 Hours" but there is no real SLA. They will get around to you when theyre good and ready.

Nothing wrong with this approach. There are many companies out there who use the same type of communication for support. In fact, many giant companies like Microsoft, Telus or Shaw use Twitter DM to provide support. If you make sure that you send PM to moderators only, no one will get to your private info. On the other hand, who knows what twitter do with your personal info. 

mpcdesign
Mayor / Maire

@mattspec, I know exactly how you feel Matt. It seems you voice your opinions and let it all hang out. And everyone in the forum is choked what you said. Freedom of speech. Even though you have marked as a solution, it's here forever and we will beat it to death.

I still have problems with Public Mobile from time to time. I used to to be with Telus for 10 years switched to Fido for another 7, and now am back with Telus with its sister company Public Mobile. The one great thing is that they have discounts that one can get and lower their phone bill every 30 or 90 days. I disliked Fido as they charged me 'mysterious fees' and Telus back in the day, kept on changing plans on me and wouldn't upgrade my phone for free. Now, I just buy my own device and look for a good plan.

I believe the main reason Public Mobile is able to offer what they offer is that there is no retail store. If one needs help, it's all online. The Moderators are all based on the east coast, so, business hours are on their time. But, saying that, there are other users such as the Oracles, Mayors, Citizens to Town Hero's who are awake in different parts of the country and time zones.  We are all here to help from the newbies to the middies

ute1978
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@mattspec wrote:

TL : DR  - Having no idea when a company will get back to you in an obscure for(u)m all while on your dime is a bad policy. Especially given that you can expect to wait over night.

Hmmmm, 2-year member here. Albertan. No problems and still happy about having the cheapest plan in Canada. And I did my research before signing up. So I knew what I have to expect in case of issues.

Mixam

I wouldn't say run away, but if you can find the same plan elsewhere at the same price, i would go with that other option. I've been on autopay for like 2 years, not many problems. Getting referrals can be a pain sometimes. And just this past pay period my account got suspended somehow. Autopay didn't go through for some reason. Had to make a manual payment. Waiting to hear back on what happened. Possible glitch, or maybe they still had my old credit card number and never asked me for the new expiry date. No idea as of now. But really crappy i didn't get a notice or anything, a text message or an email before they suspended my account.

But i get like $20 off per month from autopay, loyalty discount and referrals. And I'm on an old plan that was the last good plan they offered from what I've seen. The fall 2016 plan 12 Gb LTE for $120 every 90 days. I can't say I'd sign up now with only the 3G plans being affordable and no good promos in years.

I'm also not really happy about the whole bribing people to switch over to koodo thing that happened a few months ago. I lost about $7 off per month in referralsr from people that switched to Koodo. I really wish Telus hadn't bought them out. Yeah better reception, but the deals are dead. As Telus is trying to get everyone to move to their subscription services.

mattspec

It seems Ontarians have simply accepted having rates higher rates than other provinces. Being one of the most expensive nations for wireless connectivity I was hoping there would be a bit more support from the community. I think its fair to assume that a large number of users of PM are in Ontario. So yes by Ontario standards PM is pretty cheap. But if you spend some time running through the forum here you'll likely find (as I did) that their systems are bug prone. Issues are not tracked well and gaps are not closed. These bugs are in a number of areas many of which affect your ability to connect with the network. Due to the nature of the bugs I've read about I worry that its only a matter of time before my account comes across another one. Bugs exist everywhere, Rogers is a great example. For the peace of mind that I will be able to get timely customer service and that back and forth with customer service will be prompt (not pinging dm's back and forth on a forum that i have no reason to be on except when i have problems, also i contacted at 5pm with no response today) is something that i am willing to price in.

TL : DR  - Having no idea when a company will get back to you in an obscure for(u)m all while on your dime is a bad policy. Especially given that you can expect to wait over night.

Thanks for the suggestion @Flamesilver i've tried at 5pm est

Flamesilver

I've found that PM'ing the mods when you're in dire need helps once in a while.  They're pretty fast and helpful.

meocon
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I don't think you'll get better with another provider. PM won't be beat. They have an excellent network, fast data, bonus rewards, best plan rate, etc... My family and friends ported to PM and happy with that.

mattspec

@stonechucker I have no problem with being nice 😄 I'm just super pissed off right now and no way no one to help fix this problem. I pay for my service, never missed a payment and don't think that timely customer service and strong backend systems constitute being "frills" they're critical. 

Thanks to @will13am for being a voice of reason here.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

There's no one size fit all, we are all free to choose and be opinionated about our choices.  It's unfortunate that things didn't work out for you here.  For many of us, the service is great and so is the price.

#alternatefairwarning

@mattspec: since you really have a problem with being nice, why don’t you just leave, and never come back.  I’ve been on a great plan for almost 2 years now, very little problems.

Sure, it’s no frills, but I don’t rely on only one device for communications.

Always have a back up.  

mattspec

Thaaaanksss.

New provider will you know.. Provide.

New provider though. Marked as SOLUTION

My issue is not related to Auto-Pay. You're right that is broken though.

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

Thanks for posting this.  I now know to ignore your posts.

Thanks for making my night simpler.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

Totally wrong assessment. I personally know 10 accounts problem free on autopay for 3 years. Good luck with your new provider.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.
Need Help? Let's chat.