cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOME Incoming callers are telling me that my phone is "not in service"

haveajuice
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have had this service for the second month with zero issues and have started recomending it to people. I got this service because I left my position that provided me with a company phone. 

Recently a number of agencies have been emailing me regarding employment opportunities and they are telling me that my phone number is not in service. I think part of the key is possibly that a number of government agencies are the ones telling me that my phone is not in service. 

While at an interview; I had the receptionist check it - so yes, I have heard it with my own ears because I thought maybe they were just continuously dialing it wrong.

I googled it everywhere - nothing comes up.

Checked my apn settings and they are perfect.

I have an LG 5 and it is working normally.

Anyone have any clue as to what this may be or what I can do???

11 REPLIES 11

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@haveajuice wrote:

I have had this service for the second month with zero issues and have started recomending it to people. I got this service because I left my position that provided me with a company phone. 

Recently a number of agencies have been emailing me regarding employment opportunities and they are telling me that my phone number is not in service. I think part of the key is possibly that a number of government agencies are the ones telling me that my phone is not in service. 

While at an interview; I had the receptionist check it - so yes, I have heard it with my own ears because I thought maybe they were just continuously dialing it wrong.

@haveajuice  Sounds like your account hasn't been provisioned properly. Normally if a caller calls your number and your phone is not connected to the network then it would go to voicemail. Best to message the moderator and ask them to check your account. They might ask you to swap your sim card.

To contact Public Mobile click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Moderators are available: M-F from 8 AM to midnight Eastern time and S-S from 8 AM to 10 PM Eastern time.

Note: Moderator Hours are subject to change, but you can always find the current times here

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

haveajuice

Everything is working fine.

Just SOME callers are telling me that they are recieving the message not in service.

haveajuice

yeah obviously this is not a solution lol

haveajuice

Ok I am sending the same message to moderators.

Phone is working fine otherwise and service is very good.

TheGx
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

First, log into your self serve account to make sure your account is all paid for and not suspended etc.

Second, try turning off then turn on your phone, sometimes that could help.

Third, try the lost/stolen trick - you can read about it by clicking on this link:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/NO-service-and-NO-response-fr...

Forth, try using vouchers to refill your account dial 611 or *611 to refill, you can even try add $1 to see if it restarts your plan.

Fifth, try serching this community forum for posts about similar problems.

Lastly, if still can't fix on own, you'll have to contact the Moderator Team via private message - you can read about how by clicking this link:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/The-Public-Mobile-Moderator-Team/ta-p/...

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@haveajuice 

You have a LG phone. 

Is your data working?

If not, do a nework reset on your LG phone to get your data working after switching a new provider.

haveajuice

Yes I can still call out and I still recieve calls from everyone and I also had people call me from a landline and I can recieve calls from landlines.

My plan says it $50 for 30 days.

• This plan includes: -
  • - 8.5GB at 3G Speed
  • - Unlimited International Text
  • - Unlimited Talk to Canada and the US

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@haveajuice wrote:

Try the lost/stolen phone trick to re-provison your account.

1. Login to your self-serve account.
2. Report your phone lost/stolen using [Plan and Add-Ons] --> [Lost/Stolen Phone]
3. Logoff
4. Wait 5 minutes and login again
5. Report your phone found.
6. Re-start you phone to provision your account again. i.e. enable all features of you plan again.

If this trick failed to get thing working again, you should send a private message to moderator for help. But the wait is up to 48 hours. Good luck.
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

Can you still call out? What plan are you on?

haveajuice

No it's new

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Did you port your number?

You should contact moderators about it

In a meantime you can use textNow or fongo if you have data on your plan, they consume very little 

Now good thing about fongo is they offer free forwarding, so once you have everything sorted out you can just forward to your number so that way you will be reached by people with the old info. And if you are ever without service or outside Canada you can still use it with wifi

Good thing about textNow is unlimited North America for both texts and calls

Both give you free Canadian number

One more thing you can test your number from them any time

Oh and I almost forgot, check your phone forwarding settings, maybe it is set to forward to something weird when you are not reachable

Need Help? Let's chat.