cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOLVED: Self serve sms verification code

hewidog
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Just figured out my issue in not not recieving my verification code via SMS. I am using a samsung a5 and I had to go into my message app settings and unblock the text from public mobile. For whatever reason the app auto blocked the incoming sms message. Just thought this might help someone else trying to create a self serve acct.

3 REPLIES 3

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@hewidog wrote:

It is just the stock android messaging app that came on my phone but I would assume that it would apply to other android/ios message app. I opened up my usual text message app...clicked on the 3 dots (button)...settings...you can manage your blocked messages in there.

@hewidog no, Samsung uses their own proprietary SMS app (for reasons I will never understand--it's completely unnecessary).  The stock Android messaging app is Android Messages, which anyone (including Samsung users) can download for free on the Google Play store:  https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.apps.messaging&hl=en_CA

EDIT: to be fair, I should mention that it's not just Samsung that does this.  LG includes their own proprietary texting app.  OnePlus used to but I believe now ship with Android Messages (OR: I already deleted the OnePlus one and forgot).  Etc.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

hewidog
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

It is just the stock android messaging app that came on my phone but I would assume that it would apply to other android/ios message app. I opened up my usual text message app...clicked on the 3 dots (button)...settings...you can manage your blocked messages in there.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@hewidog, I am not at all familiar with the Samsung messaging app.  What are the settings that make it auto block messages from Public Mobile?  Is it something like an auto block of all messages from senders not in the address book?

Need Help? Let's chat.