cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SN versus IMEI

jennifercampbel
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Is Old Service Provider Equipment Serial Number same as IMEI? My iPhone SN contains letters but the field on the Public Mobile activation screen that asks for SN does not allow for letters. Also, the explanation for that field does not mention IMEI so I would be very disappointed if they're looking for IMEI.

3 REPLIES 3

Glenn1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

If you have an iphone all you need do is dial *#06# and your sim # or IMEI will appear on screen.

@jennifercampbel wrote:

Is Old Service Provider Equipment Serial Number same as IMEI? My iPhone SN contains letters but the field on the Public Mobile activation screen that asks for SN does not allow for letters. Also, the explanation for that field does not mention IMEI so I would be very disappointed if they're looking for IMEI.

It's not the serial numberr that they're asking for. The thing being asked for is the IMEI.  ESN and MEID are no longer used in Canada.

Daps
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

If you want to port over your number from another provider, you can stick with account number.
Remember to keep both accounts active. Your old account will close once the port is complete.

Need Help? Let's chat.