cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMS not working, and number says it is not ported

publicmobileusr
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just registered recently, and found that my SMS incoming and outgoing are not working.

I'm using an iPhone SE, and did a reboot after replacing the card.

The account shows texts as leaving, but the recepients are not getting them.

The incoming messages are not shown on the account and do not come to phone.

Rogers (who the number was ported from) says that the number has not been ported over yet, however the account with PM clearly seems to be working (in limited capacity)

I sure hope the community can help me without any more detail.

1 REPLY 1

wetcoaster
Mayor / Maire

How long ago did you initiate the port?

Port-ins from another cell provicer can take from a couple of minutes to about 2 hours - if it's more than 4 hours you should contact the moderater team and ask the to look into it, could be a stuck port.

Use this link to send a private message to the @Moderator_Team, include all relevant information in your message, such as PM account number, PM PIN, PM phone number, previous provider account number, PIN & phone number, as well as a detailed problem description.

More information on contacting the mods: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-Contacting-our-Community-Moder...

They have left for the day today but will get back to you tomorrow morning on a first come first serve basis.

In the meantime use your previous provider's SIM - when it stops working the port is complete and you are receiving an according text message from Public Mobile.

Need Help? Let's chat.