cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM will not actvate

danwil
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I tried yesterday to get help with this. have a new SIM and I'd like to make it a second SIM in my phone to use it for just data. having it in my phone causes all kinds of wierd issues, but im thinking once it is activated the other issues might go away. I tried to actvate the SIM and when i do, nothing heppens when I click actvate. I've waited over 20 minutes and nothing. From what I gathered, i will need a mod to help. your forum is so ridiculous i had a hard time to even find where to post my problem. So i'm pretty much done with this (language removed). before you suggest i contact a mod.....you'd better include how (words removed) i find a mod on this ridiculous forum. i have been using my primary SIM from public mobile for 2 years now with no issue, but now i am so fed up i might switch that too. please reply with 'useful' information please.

Edited by computergeek541: removed content contradicting community terms of service.

6 REPLIES 6

danwil

thanks for your response. I tried icongneto but it has been well over an hour so perhaps i'll try another browser.  You are like the third person who has mentioned setting up a new account. That seems pretty obvious that I did since there is actually now to do otherwise. Or at least there shouldn't be if it is not supported. 

@danwil 

Expect 1-2 day wait for moderator response.  Hopefully, sooner...

As @ShawnC13  mentioned above, you will need to set up another new account with new phone number, etc. and different email address to make the account. 

The website can be finicky when setting up a new account.  Might want to try another web browser, clearing cache or privacy/incognito mode.  Chrome incognito mode works well for myself with dealing with PM.  Also, wait up to one hour before attempting again. 

Just some other suggestions as your wait for moderator help.

@danwil wrote:

Thanks for your reply. I have a SKY devices elite . both SIM  slots are identical. I can put my primary SIM in alone in either slot and get 4G.  what I want to do with this new SIM is put a bunch of 3G data on it and use it for my celluler data saving my 4G for specific times. I'll try your link to contact a mod.

Are you setting up a whole new account for this secondary sim?  That is what is required as well

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

danwil

Thanks for your reply. I have a SKY devices elite . both SIM  slots are identical. I can put my primary SIM in alone in either slot and get 4G.  what I want to do with this new SIM is put a bunch of 3G data on it and use it for my celluler data saving my 4G for specific times. I'll try your link to contact a mod.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

To send a private message to a moderator click this link and describe your issue.

Community Moderators are available from Monday-Friday 9am(Eastern) to 9pm(Eastern) and Saturday, and Sunday from 9am(Eastern) to 7:30pm(Eastern)

More info on moderators

What type of phone are you using because some phones the second sim slot is a 2G network.  As well when you are trying to activate your new sim are you setting up a second account with a new email address?  Each sim requires its own account with separate email address.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.