cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM shipments and COVID-19?

CenterOfGravy
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Does anyone know how fast can I expect a SIM card to be shipped given the current corona situation? Normally this wouldn't be super important but my current shipping address will only be my shipping address for the next 30 days.

11 REPLIES 11

Karnbot13
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I ordered 2 sims off of Amazon. They haven't been shipped yet and the estimated arrival is April 19th. I placed the order on March 22nd. They aren't fast for everybody

Seahorse03
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I ordered a few SIM cards for myself and my family from amazon, they were delivered within 3 business days(I’m located in Ontario). As the pandemic situation for now, it really depends on the sellers. Most of trades involving online delivery would notice people that the shipping might be delayed mainly due to the shortage of staffs. For now, Canada post service  is maybe 1-2 days delayed, in general it’s still operating fine. Hope this helps.

Rusty
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@gblackma careful in Bravoing me, or I might take you off the Bravo leaderboard! HAH!

j/k. keep up the great Bravos!

Bravo = +rep

Rusty
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I ordered mine from Amazon and it got there like the next day. That's all I can tell ya.

Just make sure if you want to keep the same number that you have that old phone number active at the time you make the carrier switch.

Cheers and be smart AND safe.

@CenterOfGravy  I'm in Toronto and I ordered on the  31st and it shipped yesterday, the 1st. So I should get my envelope tomorrow or Monday at the latest. Unless someone played an April fools joke on me. 🤔

mpcdesign
Mayor / Maire

@CenterOfGravy, you should be able to track your order. Check your email and click to view order. I just ordered mine a couple of days ago, and it says en route. On my order, it does say it's coming from Amazon too!

Did you submit your phone number to as well:

Screen Shot 2020-04-02 at 12.01.23 AM.png

Canada Post Xpresspost (expect delivery in 3 to 7 business days). 

Screen Shot 2020-04-02 at 12.00.05 AM.png

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@CenterOfGravy wrote:

Does anyone know how fast can I expect a SIM card to be shipped given the current corona situation? Normally this wouldn't be super important but my current shipping address will only be my shipping address for the next 30 days.

I am in Victoria and the longest it has taken for any of my sim orders is 4 business days.  I have had them delivered as quickly as 2 days!!

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

If you are living out in western Canada, you can pick one up at any London Drugs.

There is a store finder here https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-started but due to current situation, I am not sure what retailers are still opened.

@geopublic wrote:

@CenterOfGravy  You can track your order by going to the Canada Post website and entering your order number as the tracking number.

This isn't always the case. It generally is true, but some members have received non-Canada Post shipments from Public Mobile, and I've personally received a sim card shipment from Public Mobile sent by Canada Post withiout tracking (sent as a letter).

As for speed of delivery, I'm not noticing any delay in receiving Canada Post shipments (not specifcially from Public Mobile). 

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@CenterOfGravy  You can track your order by going to the Canada Post website and entering your order number as the tracking number.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@CenterOfGravy  The pm website says 4-7 business days and that's what most members have been reporting. You can also track your order.

Need Help? Let's chat.