cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM set up

lighterliving
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My phone says SIM netwrk PIN blocked. Enter SIM network PUK. 

I just switched to Public Mobility. Did I make a mistake?!! The Chat Simon says I need to call my old provider to get the phone unlocked but I can't because my phone no longer works.

My old provider did text me and ask if I was switching. I did respond YES. I've put the new SIM card in and now, it doesn't work. 

Any solutions?

11 REPLIES 11

lighterliving

Thank you. I contact Samsung Canada and they were very helpful.

thank you so much.

@lighterliving wrote:

It is a Samsung.

The exact message is

SIM network PIN locked. Enter SIM network PUK

@lighterliving 

You can contact Samsung for this unlock code.  Some customers have live chat Samsung customer service to get this code.

Here is some information from a previous thread:

SIM network PIN blocked. Enter SIM network PUK."
- This is asking for Samsung's "master code" - I got this after entering the wrong code for the message below too many times. Samsung and/or your previous carrier can give you this.

"SIM network unlock PIN"
- This is asking for your previous carrier's unlock code - just contact them with your IMEI and they'll give it to you easy peasy. If you enter this incorrectly too many times, you'll get the error message above.

PIN unlock key (PUK) is a SIM-specific code used to prevent unauthorised use of a SIM card. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@lighterliving wrote:

I can’t call Bell because my phone is locked.  😞 

You can use a voip app like TextNow. Connect to any wifi or of course maybe your own and you can call them with that app.

You could also use wifi to contact Samsung.

@lighterliving wrote:

@lighterliving   Yes it's locked to Bell so only they can give you the code to unlock it.  If it's a Samsung you can phone their customer support line and ask them for the unlock code.

lighterliving

lighterliving

It is a Samsung.

The exact message is

SIM network PIN locked. Enter SIM network PUK

@lighterliving wrote:

I am a new customer. I attempted to activate my account this evening. Bell sent me the verification text. I then switched to my new Public Mobility SIM card but it isn’t working. The message I get is that  need to unlock my SIM with a SUK pin.

when I ask SIM on chat service, it says I need to call Bell but I can’t because my phone no longer works.

Do you have any suggestions for me? 

@lighterliving hi it sounds like your phone is locked,you need to call Bell for an unlock code 

lighterliving

I am a new customer. I attempted to activate my account this evening. Bell sent me the verification text. I then switched to my new Public Mobility SIM card but it isn’t working. The message I get is that  need to unlock my SIM with a SUK pin.

when I ask SIM on chat service, it says I need to call Bell but I can’t because my phone no longer works.

Do you have any suggestions for me? 

Oracle365
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

The way I setup my new SIM was to respond YES to my old provider, then keep the OLD SIM card in my phone until there was a confirmation saying that the transfer went through (took about 3 hours). Then, after I received that message, I put the new SIM card into my phone and it worked. I hope this helps...

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@lighterliving 

Your phone is locked to previous carrier.  You will need to call your previous carrier to get the unlock code.  It should be a free service.  You can live chat your previous carrier to see whether they can unlock for you also.  Or use a different phone to call your previous carrier.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

@lighterliving : That generally means the phone is still locked. Did you make several attempts at a code? What's the exact current message it's saying?

If it's a Samsung then they can help you with the unlock. Otherwise you'll need to get it from the previous provider.

Need Help? Let's chat.