cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM number

florakabora
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Where can i see the SIM number in my account? I just activated but doesn't work, maybe typed wrong SIM number...

14 REPLIES 14

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@florakabora wrote:

Where can i see the SIM number in my account? I just activated but doesn't work, maybe typed wrong SIM number...

@florakabora  Other customers are reporting similar problems with new activations. Hopefully PM is looking into this and will have a fix soon.

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Hi @florakabora 

If you try to activate your sim again it will fail if it is already activated. That will tell you if you used the right one during the activation.

Welcome to public mobile

@florakabora wrote:

Got it, i'll wait for their reply... thank you

If you still want to make sure you entered it correctly, enter the same sim number on the activation page. If you get the Invalid Sim error, it means the sim number is already used. 

@florakabora wrote:

I've been there, but if i enter the "new number" but its actually the old one, i'm worried, that it will lock the SIM

Go to Get Started => activate sim => enter the SIM number you have. 

Go to next field type anything. So do see any messages to the right of your Sim number like INVALID or RESERVED? 

Red message equals Sim is registered and about to be in use or in use

No message equals Sim is ok to use

Will be in RESERVED mode while activation is in process. 

If  process is not completed then SIM remains usable. 

florakabora

Got it, i'll wait for their reply... thank you

@florakabora wrote:

Well, i thought maybe i out a wrong number, so i wanted to see what i typed, which i can't...

If you enter a wrong sim number during activation, it would give you an invalid error. Since you were able to activate, likely you entered it correctly. Please wait for a reply from a mod team and they will look into this. 

florakabora

Well, i thought maybe i out a wrong number, so i wanted to see what i typed, which i can't...

@florakabora wrote:

I've been there, but if i enter the "new number" but its actually the old one, i'm worried, that it will lock the SIM

Not exactly sure what you are trying to do here. Is the last 4 digits you see in the self-serve account match with the sim card you have?

florakabora

Okay thanks. Nothing, tried twice still doesn't work

florakabora

restarted already, hate the Robot... send aticket already

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@florakabora You can only see the last few digits when you go to Change Sim Number option located under your profile info in the self-serve account. You cannot activate if you entered the wrong sim number. It must be valid to continue. What happens when you put the sim in your phone and restarting your phone? 

florakabora

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@florakabora try restarting your phone. It sounds like your SIM didn't provision properly. Contact the moderators.  Click on the green questionmark in the white circle at the bottom right of your screen.  This connects to the autobot Simon. Type moderator and follow the prompts to get to one (CLICK on account specific question and human and submit a ticket). 

@florakabora wrote:

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@florakabora wrote:

I can't see the full sim number in my account either only the last 4 numbers.  If you click on change sim card (located on the right hand side of account overview page)

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.