Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM not working how do I get a refund?

danialabdullah
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

22 REPLIES 22

@pmuser603 wrote:

I have a couple of unlocked iPhones and both see the public mobile network 

Ask if I could get a new SIM card and credit me, they said no and will not help.

If your SIM sees Public Mobile, it is likely not a SIM issue.  

it would be helping if you can check your SIM on an Android as well just to confirm.

Also, did you try to connect your phone to a computer, launch iTune and download all the updates as well as the carrier profiles?  Sometimes it is the carrier profile causing the issue.

1. Insert new working SIM - do not turn phone on (if SIM is already in, turn off)
2. Connect to computer with USB cable.
3. Start iTunes if it doesn't auto run
4. iPhone will switch on. Wait until iTunes registers it and checks for updates
5. Install the carrier profile update (if offered, if not, go to step 6)
6. Disconnect and restart.

I understand you have opened ticket once.  Likely it is missed.  It is not bad to open another ticket again

@pmuser603 

Just an FYI you will get more community help when you start your own thread but only the CSA's can help in this situation. Simple--Simon and the ticketing system has a few faults and you have been caught in one along with being dropped by a CSA which is not acceptable but let's get you sorted first and see if we can get you a little compensation later.....

if its been more than 48 hours since you have heard from a CSA then the ticketing system has automatically closed your support ticket.

If you have no working services ( Have you tested the SIM card in another phone?) then type in " SIM not provisioned upon activation" and "human" and follow the prompts to submit your ticket via Simple--Simon. 

Or if you have already developed a hate on for Simple--Simon like me you may prefer my method of CSA contact.

Send a private message...   Contact the CSA's (formerly moderators) by sending a private message and leave a detailed message explaining your issue and the info to verify your account by including the following information:  

1. Full name and address on pm account. ( Or province and postal code for newer accounts.)
  2. Email, phone # and pin #.

If  you cannot remember your pin # include at least three ( if they apply)of the following:

1.  Date of birth (n/a on newer accounts.)
  2. Last payment, date, amount, type and last 4 digits.
  3. Alternate phone number if any.
  4. Security question and answer.
  5. Plan amount, any add ons or promos on account.
  6. Last 4 digits of sim card.
  7. Any rewards in your account.
  8. Autopay y/n?
  9. Account #.
  10. Frequently called/texted phone numbers in the last 30 days.  

The average wait time is 2 to 4 hours but be prepared to wait up to 48 hours for non urgent requests. Current wait times are about one hour and are probably even less as I have had some very quick responses in tne past week.

Keep an eye on your private message box the envelope icon next to your avatar for a little number to pop indicating a message from the CSA's (formerly moderators.) Responding promptly will speed up service times.

Do not post any of this info in the community only in your private messages when communicating or contacting the Moderator_Team.

To send a private message to the CSA's (formerly moderators) click below
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

pmuser603
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

No pms from customer service other than wait and sorry. 
Has been over 3 days and not a peep on progress. 
iPhone was updated and not at fault. 
Regards, 

@pmuser603 

In the meantime connect your iPhone to WiFi or iTunes and check for any software and/or carrier updates. That may be all you need to do to get your service working with pm. iPhones require extra steps......if you still don't have service then your SIM card may need reprovisioning.

@pmuser603 

Have you checked your private messages for a reply from a CSA? Is there a little number by the envelope icon at the top right corner of your screen next to your avatar? Unanswered support tickets are closed after 48 hours you will have to start over if you have not replied.

pmuser603

Same issue.

Sim not working.  

I have a couple of unlocked iPhones and both see the public mobile network but when I try to phone or text, nothing.

Original ticket was not helpful so they issued a new ticket.

Ask if I could get a new SIM card and credit me, they said no and will not help.

This leads me to believe there are issues with their system and new accounts.

I asked for a credit to my account and they gave it to me.

It has been two days since the issue of the new ticket and not a peep on status.

Hopefully this will be resolved soon.  

@danialabdullah wrote:

I went to a store to buy this plan and paid cash so I have the transaction paper 

HEllo @danialabdullah 

Try one or more of the below:

*reset network settings

*Is your phone locked? Contact your previous provider to unlock it for you. You will need your imei number, dial *#06# to get it.

*Check if your phone is blacklisted here: https://www.devicecheck.ca/check-status-device-canada/

@danialabdullah 

Have you contacted the moderators yet? They will have it working within an hour for you.

danialabdullah

I went to a store to buy this plan and paid cash so I have the transaction paper 

@J_PM 

Is public mobile going to acknowledge that there is an issue with the activation system not provisioning a much higher percentage of sim cards than usual. If we are informed we can advise customers so that their first instinct isnt to demand a refund and blow this pop stand? 🤔

mk99

I had the same issue and I just went to the retailer ASAP kindly explaining to them the issue and showing proof it is the same SIM that I want to refund or exchange and they will understand.

@Fr10 

Yes that is basically true....the sim card isn't likely a dud it just needs reprovisioning by the moderators.

@danialabdullah  as you have tried activation, please confirm if PM already took the money from your credit card.  If so, please follow @darlicious  instructions to open ticket with mod and they will reset the account on the system and it should resolve your issue

if PM did not take money from your credit card , then it wasn't activation yet.   You can try activation again and if it fails (and confirm PM didn't charge you ), you might want to go back to the store where you got it from to exchange for another SIM

Fr10

Even with the receipt and depending on the retailer they might just don't care and tell you to buy a new one.

@danialabdullah 

I strongly suspect you are having the same issue as many others in the past 10 days.....your sim card did not provision correctly upon activation. Test the sim in another phone if possible if still nothing you might as well just contact the moderators now.....

Either by private message or thru simon the chatbot. Type "sim not provisioned upon activation" and "human" and follow the prompts to submit your ticket. Wait times are are less than an hour.

danialabdullah

danialabdullah

I tried the activation process and it said invalid SIM card number and I reset my phone and tired everything nothing seems to work

Anonymous
Not applicable

@danialabdullah : Well...turn _off_ airplane mode for starters 🙂 if you haven't already.

Did you buy the iphone new or used and from a Canadian vendor?

Can you log in to your self-serve account?

Can you connect via USB to a computer running itunes and check for any updates.

@danialabdullah wrote:

The iPhone is a xr and I’m generally confused because I tried restarting the phone turning on airplane mode and nothing is working.what should I do 

Can you confirm that you activated your account by seeing if there is a charge on your credit card?

danialabdullah

The iPhone is a xr and I’m generally confused because I tried restarting the phone turning on airplane mode and nothing is working.what should I do 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@danialabdullah : Did you go through all the activation process? Did you try to transfer a number from another provider? What is the make/model/submodel of the phone? Is it unlocked?

@danialabdullah 

Generally, there are no refunds. Public Mobile is far more likely to get your service working that to issue a refund. Some details would help so that members could provide some advice.

Need Help? Let's chat.