cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM not valid

EdDavis
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I recently bought an new SIM, activated and put it in my iPhone6s. (It was recently update to ois 12.2). I get a message the Activation Required. So I follow the steps. In the end of that the message is SIM not valid. "The SIM card that you currently have installed in this iphone is from a service provider that is not supported under the activation policy that is currently assigned to the activation server.  This is not an issue with the iPhone. Please insert another SIM card from a suported service provider..."  (That's the message on the iPhone)

Cannot move beyond this activation sequence. 

Checked IMEI and the other option provided in the Community Chat to confirm its a compatible phone.  All checked out.

So... put the SIM in my old Samsung. Works fine. Calls data. The works.

Put back in to the iPhone after restarting and installing the APN for Public Mobile. Restarted several other times.  Still same loop.  SIM not valid

Now what?

(No, I dont want to use my old phone)

11 REPLIES 11

Metal1967
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@EdDavis 

As long as there is no outstanding money owing or isnt blacklisted carriers will unlock the phone....Ive had success with all the providers unlocking many phones.

Tiprix
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@EdDavis @As you are no longer with Rogers/fido it might be difficult to unlock it over the phone. Physically go to a retailer to get it unlock. Prior to going to the location, you could call a store to see their procedure and see what they recommend

@EdDavis wrote:

Perhaps. What is your recommendation if this is the case?

You need to unlock your phone with the old company...it’s now free to unlock.

EdDavis

Perhaps. What is your recommendation if this is the case?

Tiprix

@EdDavis did you obtain your iPhone from Rogers/fido previously. As Petro Canada is on their network, that might be the reason you didn't have issues.

@EdDavis wrote:

Neither.  Petro Canada.

OK..the best now is to write a message to the moderator here..https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 and explain what happened in details. They will help you. Waitng time is few hours to 2 days.

Tiprix

@EdDavis I'm sorry to inform you, your phone is still locked.  Based on the following site the message you received is exactly the same. You'll need to contact your previous provider to unlock the phone. 

EdDavis

Neither.  Petro Canada.

@EdDavis wrote:

Nope. that's not it either.  The phone is unlocked. I have been using it before on another network.

Your another was Telus or koodo? If yes this a same company...

EdDavis

Nope. that's not it either.  The phone is unlocked. I have been using it before on another network.

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@EdDavis wrote:

I recently bought an new SIM, activated and put it in my iPhone6s. (It was recently update to ois 12.2). I get a message the Activation Required. So I follow the steps. In the end of that the message is SIM not valid. "The SIM card that you currently have installed in this iphone is from a service provider that is not supported under the activation policy that is currently assigned to the activation server.  This is not an issue with the iPhone. Please insert another SIM card from a suported service provider..."  (That's the message on the iPhone)

Cannot move beyond this activation sequence. 

Checked IMEI and the other option provided in the Community Chat to confirm its a compatible phone.  All checked out.

So... put the SIM in my old Samsung. Works fine. Calls data. The works.

Put back in to the iPhone after restarting and installing the APN for Public Mobile. Restarted several other times.  Still same loop.  SIM not valid

Now what?

(No, I dont want to use my old phone)

@EdDavis  Well we know your sim is valid. There is nothing wrong with public mobile or the sim. The real question is, is your iphone locked? It sounds like you need to unlock your iphone. Where did you buy the phone from? If you bought it from your previous provider just give them a call and they should unlock it for free

Need Help? Let's chat.