cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM not unlocked yet, will I be charged for my plan?

chevap98
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I haven't been able to unlock my phone since changing SIM cards! My previous plan with freedom was cancelled so I called them to get the network unlock code but they said my device isn't a freedom device so now I don't know if that's because [my number was moved to public mobile / my plan was cancelled] or it's not actually a freedom device.

Either way, i don't want to be charged for a plan i can't use!!!!

4 REPLIES 4

LurganIeUk
Mayor / Maire

@chevap98 wrote:

I haven't been able to unlock my phone since changing SIM cards! My previous plan with freedom was cancelled so I called them to get the network unlock code but they said my device isn't a freedom device so now I don't know if that's because [my number was moved to public mobile / my plan was cancelled] or it's not actually a freedom device.

What make of phone do you have?

Can you try another working (but not a FreedomSIM) SIM in your phone....does it work in your phone?

Would I be right in saying that Freedom is owned by Shaw and previously was Wind? So cannot Shaw unlock the phone?

Try your PM SIM in a friends phone....does it work? Is your friends phone locked to a carrier...if yes....what carrier...or is it unlocked?

Re seat the SIM in your phone and reboot your phone. 

You are certain it is locked? What message or condition are you getting exactly? Something to do with a PUK code or...?

AE_Collector

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@chevap98 wrote:

@chevap98 hi if it is a samsung you can contact them online for a master unlock 

@chevap98 wrote:

Sorry, but your plan starts as soon as you activated. If the device is still locked, you need to unlock it. Call Freedom again for that (the first person could have been wrong).  If it really isn't a Freedom device, that means that the phone is already unlocked as it wouldn't have worked there otherwise.

Need Help? Let's chat.