cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM not supported

bevg
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

carrier not supported under activation policy?

10 REPLIES 10

@bevg wrote:

This sounds like an iOS message. I believe that your phone isn't unlocked, but when it comes to Appple, there are no unlock codes. The original carrier can get the device unlocked for you. The unlocking is done from their end.

@AE_Collector  I assure you, that's not JUST your opinion! In some cases, for the people that need the help, it's pretty clear that English is not their native language, so it's kind of hard to know how much detail they're able to provide, but yes, lack of detail REALLY doesn't help ANY of their cases at all.

Seems as though various phones have various wording for SIM problems but it also seems like the very first thing to suspect in most of these cases is a phone locked to a specific carrier still.

And yes @CannonFodder , one of my peeves is posts of about 1 sentence with so little info in them. The problem with that here on an active forum with many who want to help is that the OP who is the one who needs the help drags the process of determining the problem out considerably longer than necessary and indeed sometimes never return to clarify. But the main thing is that those who want to help are left to spell out many different possible scenarios and the possible fixes for each scenario. IE the lack of maybe three more sentences in the first post results in hundreds of sentences written by helpers. Not overly courteous really but just my opinion.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@bevg wrote:

@bevg Your phone might be locked to the previous provider. You must get the Network Unlock PUK code from your previous provider.
If your phone is a Samsung you might be able to get an unlock code from the Samsung website via a chat
To start a live chat session from Samsung's Contact Us page: http://www.samsung.com/ca/info/contactus.html?CID=AFL-hq-mul-0813-11000170.

Hope this helps!

@fujiyama  While that MIGHT be what the OP was gettin' at, the 1st post here is just a wee bit light on detail to make ANY kind of determination..... best anyone can do, is take a wild guess at what the OP wants info about.

fujiyama
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@gblackma wrote:

@fujiyama how did you get that from what was said?

I googled "public mobile carrier not supported" Robot LOL

Turns out there are quite few threads here with the same title...

@fujiyama how did you get that from what was said?

@bevg which carrier and SIM?

@Jb456 wrote:

@bevg wrote:

Care to elaborate?

fujiyama
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Sounds like your phone is locked to the previous carrier, see if this thread explains the problem you are currently having:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Phones-Hardware/Sim-Not-Supported/td-p/311640

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@bevg wrote:

Care to elaborate?

Need Help? Let's chat.