cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM not recognized.

ClarenceS
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I was setting up my phone with my new sim card. I entered all my information on the first part went on to pick my province and when picking city my pc locked up. When i tried to resubmit I was returned to the first part. There was a message that my SIM is not recognized. Am I to assume I have to contact a human?

11 REPLIES 11

New number is definitely way to go 

You can port after everything is the way you want it, if you came your mind you just suspend and remove your credit card info.

If anything goes wrong with activation you still have service

More things done art once more things that can go wrong

Also didn't forget your referral code

Welcome to public mobile and savings:)

@ClarenceS  wrote:

Never got to the Credit Card part failed before I got the phone number.

I would also recommend to pick a new number when you activate. You can port in later from your self-serve account once everything is activated properly. There is chance porting might fail during activation or you will have to wait until porting is done to use your phone after activation. So to avoid such errors, pick a new number which will be in use temporarily while you request to port in later. 

ClarenceS

will do thanks

Great so wait for the hour and try again. 

@ClarenceS wrote:

ClarenceS

Reentered. And you are welcome.

@ClarenceS wrote:

Will the information have to be entered again or do we pick up where it went off the rails? Thanks by the way.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

Based on what you said, I m assuming that your credit card was now  charged. I have heard that if you use an incognito Firefox or Google browser it tends to work better.  You could wait an hour and try again.

@ClarenceS wrote:

I was setting up my phone with my new sim card. I entered all my information on the first part went on to pick my province and when picking city my pc locked up. When i tried to resubmit I was returned to the first part. There was a message that my SIM is not recognized. Am I to assume I have to contact a human?

ClarenceS

Will the information have to be entered again or do we pick up where it went off the rails? Thanks by the way.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@ClarenceS You will have wait an hour or so before you try again. The previous session that crashed needs to be cleared and it will happen after an hour or so. Be sure to use private/incognito browsing mode next time you try. 

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@ClarenceS wrote:

@ClarenceS  You need to wait for about an hour for the session lock to clear before you can try it again.

ClarenceS

In addition, I am unable to get service online because I don't have a phone number yet. ????

Need Help? Let's chat.