cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM not provisioned for voice

burrowingeye
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Transferred my wife's phone yesterday from Telus.....no problem, very slick !!

Today, tried to transfer my phone from Telus.....everything was fine until I turned on phone with PM SIM card and I got 'SIM not provisioned for voice' ???  How do I fix ???

9 REPLIES 9

@Israrkhan  Very occasionally when you port a number over there some kind of data in the back end of the system that will give you that error message. It has to be manually reset by a moderator.

To contact a moderator click on the (?)at the bottom right corner of the screen and submit a ticket via simon explaining your issue. Type rep or human. Then porting issue. Follow the prompts to submit a service ticket. If Simon gives you the run around. Send a private message. Tag the @CS_Agent  in the send bar. Put porting issue in the subject bar. Then explain the issue. Be sure to include the name, address, phone #, email and pin #. You may also be asked to further verify your identity with alternate phone # on account if any, dob, payment type, last 4 digits, security question and answer. Keep an eye on the envelope icon next to your avatar at the top right corner of the screen for a little number to pop up indicating a message from the moderators. Responding promptly to messages will speed up service times. The wait is only a couple of hours of late. Moderators start at 8am et. You should hear from them sometime in the morning.

XionBunny
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I don’t get the point of reviving a year old thread.

ashleyskye
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

If not fixed, contact a moderator  ?

Israrkhan

@burrowingeye wrote:

Transferred my wife's phone yesterday from Telus.....no problem, very slick !!

Today, tried to transfer my phone from Telus.....everything was fine until I turned on phone with PM SIM card and I got 'SIM not provisioned for voice' ???  How do I fix ???

Dvjvva

@burrowingeye were you able to fix it? I'm facing the same problem. It's been more than a week still haven't found the right solution.

@srlawren wrote:

@will13am wrote:

@burrowingeye, porting from Telus is literally instantaneous if the port is submitted correctly.  Does the Telus service still work?  This is a good proxy for the porting status.  If the Telus service still works, you might be able to attempt a port again. 

@will13am provisioning for voice has nothing to do with porting though.  This sounds like an activation error.

@Alex888 wrote:

There are a few things you can try. Take the SIM card out and put it back, then restart the phone. If it's still not working, turn the phone off, put it into reset mode (don't reset it) clear the cache, reboot it. If it's still not working go into your PM self-serve account, report your phone as lost, log out, wait 10 minutes, log back in and report it found.

@Alex888 I don't think clearing the system cache is going to help here (and you're assuming it's an Android device--could be an iPhone user, but that's another issue).  

@burrowingeye you could try removing the SIM and reinserting it and rebooting the device.  If these don't clear it up, try a couple of workarounds that the community has come up with, which seem to help with activation/renewal issues sometimes.  See here:  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/SOLUTION-My-plan-has-enough-f...

You might be right.  There are mixed messages.  The first line says no problem, all is good.  The second line refers to number porting issue.  I am mind reading here.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@will13am wrote:

@burrowingeye, porting from Telus is literally instantaneous if the port is submitted correctly.  Does the Telus service still work?  This is a good proxy for the porting status.  If the Telus service still works, you might be able to attempt a port again. 

@will13am provisioning for voice has nothing to do with porting though.  This sounds like an activation error.

@Alex888 wrote:

There are a few things you can try. Take the SIM card out and put it back, then restart the phone. If it's still not working, turn the phone off, put it into reset mode (don't reset it) clear the cache, reboot it. If it's still not working go into your PM self-serve account, report your phone as lost, log out, wait 10 minutes, log back in and report it found.

@Alex888 I don't think clearing the system cache is going to help here (and you're assuming it's an Android device--could be an iPhone user, but that's another issue).  

@burrowingeye you could try removing the SIM and reinserting it and rebooting the device.  If these don't clear it up, try a couple of workarounds that the community has come up with, which seem to help with activation/renewal issues sometimes.  See here:  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/SOLUTION-My-plan-has-enough-f...

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Alex888
Mayor / Maire

Need Help? Let's chat.