cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM network unlock PIN

mcha
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi guys

I'm very new to this forum. I just made a new account. I followed the directions online.Tranfered my number and purchased through my visa. When Installed the new Sim card in my Samsung Galaxy S7. It said the invalid sim card. I got a message saying the sim card is locked and I need a SIM network unlock PIN.

Who do I got to for help?

Sincerely,

Michael Cha

10 REPLIES 10

@mcha wrote:

Thank you. Got the code from Samsung. Thanks guys

Glad you got the code.  As you've discovered, your phone was not unlocked.

What probably happened was that your device locked to Bell because that was the first sim card that you inserted.  Samsung likes to do that with devices.  I'm uncertain if they are still doing this practice, but they really need to stop.

mcha

Thank you. Got the code from Samsung. Thanks guys

@mcha wrote:

I've tried restarting and reinstalling the SIM card. It doesn't work. It keeps asking me for the "SIM network unlock PIN"

If the phone is requesting SIM network unlock PIN, that means the phone is locked to a carrier network other than Telus/Koodo/Public Mobile.  You are going to have to go back to the source and get the unlock code. 

mcha

I've tried restarting and reinstalling the SIM card. It doesn't work. It keeps asking me for the "SIM network unlock PIN"

Madaraki
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I would definitely try calling Bell and ask them to give you the PIN number to unlock your SIM card. I recently had the same problem helping my father transfer from Bell to Public Mobile.

@mcha

If you bought directy from Samsung, you are right... it is unlocked.  

Have you tried re-booting your phone and re-insert the SIM card?  

Edit:  Sorry, I have to leave for a meeting.  Hopefully, the rest of the community can help you....

mcha

I purchased it from Samsung directly. 

@mcha

Did you purchase your phone from one of the mobile companies or did you buy directly from Samsung?  If your phone was part of a previous mobile company, it might be locked to that company.  Calling the company to get the unlock code would be the next step.  

mcha

No, my Samsung phone is unlocked.

Edit: Sorry I may have misunderstood. I wasn't in a locked plan or anything. I bought my phone unlocked. Should I still call Bell?

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@mcha

Welcome to Public Mobile.  Is your Samsung phone locked to a carrier?  If it is, you need to call the original carrier to get the phone unlocked.  It should be a free service.

Need Help? Let's chat.