cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM network unlock PIN

lastguymade
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

So my old s5 is pretty beat up and my mom offered me her old one which is in much better shape but it needs a network unlock PIN as she was on Rogers.

I spoke with my buddy who is an apple IT guy and he said I just had to call my provider and ask but he didn't understand PM doesn't do the whole phone thing so can a moderator on here please help me?

Thank.

6 REPLIES 6

matbasm
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@lastguymade, Is that a Samsung Galaxy S5?  If you have a hard time with Rogers, you might be able to get Samsung to unlock it for you.  There is a support/chat service on the Canadian web site.  They gave me the unlock code for an S7 a few months ago.

lastguymade

Right ok thanks I think I did the configuration stuff first time around with PM so shouldn't be too hard. Will try and let you know.

Thanks a ton.

@lastguymade wrote:

Ok so essentially ask her to call them with the IEM and they will unlock for free? And then it will work with my PM sim no problems?

Yes, exactly

You may still have to make some configuration changes to get things such as text messaging and cellular data to work, but a Samsung Galaxy S5 sold by Rogers will work just fine at Public Mobile after it gets unlocked.

jp2
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Yes if your account is in good standing they will give u an unlock code you can input into the phone then it will work with PM or any other carrier.

lastguymade

Ok so essentially ask her to call them with the IEM and they will unlock for free? And then it will work with my PM sim no problems?

Your IT guy is likely is trying to tell you to talk to Rogers.  You must contact Rogers to get your phone unlocked.  Public Mobile cannot help you with this.  Carriers don't unlock other carrier's phones.

If you don't wish to deal with Rogers, your only other choice would be to purchase an unlock code from an online seller or from a cell phone repair shop.

Need Help? Let's chat.