cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM network PIN Blocked. Enter SIM network PUK

BrettJarvis
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi All, 

I'm running into some issues activating my public moblie SIM. I transferred a moblie number from Rogers service this morning.  Once the rogers sim had deactivated, I booted up my Galaxy S7 with the new public moblie sim and it asked me for a PIN. Assuming it was the PIN that public moblie asked me to set up on account activation, I used that, but it didn't work. Now it's saying "SIM network PIN Blocked. Enter SIM network PUK" and I have no idea what to do. I have no phone service and I need this resolved ASAP.

Thanks,

Brett

49 REPLIES 49

DWHarris

Awesome. Glad it helped!

marylee
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you so much. All phone companies should hire you. After almost a week, your information got me in. Virgin tried but could not help. Public mobile tried but same thing. Carriers do their best but they were not able to solve the problem. I was about to give up on having a phone in frustration. Terminology should be the same with ALL carriers!

Thanks again, 

Mary

Live

Thank EfanGO. That's the right way. It work for me.

jordyb

i had exact same problem, followed your instructions and problem solved pronto, thanks so much!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Birendra wrote:

how i may solve the problem?

@Birendra 

Assuming you're carrying on with the same subject title...your phone is still locked to a previous provider. If it's a Samsung they can provide you an unlock code. Otherwise, you'll need to contact the provider that the phone was locked to.

@Birendra wrote:

You have better response if you ask your question in a new thread rather than this one from early in 2020.

More info would help too...what "problem" are you having ?

In "Welcome to the Community" page, scroll down to "Getting Started" and click "Ask a question" to start your own thread. Make sure to include lots of info about what exactly is wrong.

Birendra

@gblackma wrote:

@computergeek541  I don't understand why  @Belle  would have to contact PM for the SIM network unlock pin? Its only blocked. Wouldn't entering the SIM network unlock puk from the manufacturer or previous provider clear the block and allow the SIM to function properly? Thanks.

The OP wouldn't contact Public Mobile for either the SIM Network Unlock PIN or the SIM Network Unlock PUK.  

Entering the SIM Network Unlock PUK would not allow the Public Mobiel sim card to work in the phone. It would only remove the  block on being able to use the SIM Network Unlcok PIN. SIM Network Uunlock PUK does not carrier unlock a device. That's why both codes are needed. 

@computergeek541  I don't understand why  @Belle  would have to contact PM for the SIM network unlock pin? Its only blocked. Wouldn't entering the SIM network unlock puk from the manufacturer or previous provider clear the block and allow the SIM to function properly? Thanks.

@computergeek541 wrote:

@Belle wrote:

Hello,good afternoon.please help me.my husband bought me a cellphone in saudi and he sent the cellphone to me in philippines when i put sim card it says "Sim network Pin blocked.Enter sim network PUK."

As mentioend, your phone is locked to another carrier. What you should know is that the SIM Network Unlock PIN is what actually unlocks your phone so that you can use it at Public Mobile, but that step cannot be done until the SIM Network Unlock PUK has been entered correctly.

The SIM Network Unlock PUK only allow the use of the network unlocking code to be used again, a code which has been previously locked out because someone has been incorrectly entering/guessing codes.

You will need both of the above codes.

The SIM Network Unlock PUK is not something that the Public Mobile moderators can help you with.

@Belle wrote:

Hello,good afternoon.please help me.my husband bought me a cellphone in saudi and he sent the cellphone to me in philippines when i put sim card it says "Sim network Pin blocked.Enter sim network PUK."

As mentioend, your phone is locked to another carrier. What you should know is that the SIM Network Unlock PIN is what actually unlocks your phone so that you can use it at Public Mobile, but that step cannot be done until the SIM Network Unlock PUK has been entered correctly.

The SIM Network Unlock PUK only allow the use of the network unlocking code to be used again, a code which has been previously locked out because someone has been incorrectly entering/guessing codes.

You will need both of the above codes.

The SIM Network Unlock PUK is not something that the Public Mobile moderators can help you with.

@Belle that error message means that you have to either contact the previous provider or the manufacturer for the phones unlock code. 

@Belle wrote:

Belle

@Gelurani1982You can live chat with Samsung Canada to get the network unlock code.

Gelurani1982

Dear sir/madam,I am using Samsung A30 mobile.but my handset asking network puke code.can you send me that code.

Mon_133

I had to go through both, first with my service provider (Rogers), then phone carrier (Samsung). Try both cause I was out of service with no sim for more than a week and it was frustrating. 

@soxsoxsSo you need to go to Bell to get your phone unlocked.. Public Mobile cannot help you in that regard since it is a seperate company.

soxsoxs

I was told to go through service provider. Bell needs to unblock and unlock before I can get service from public mobile. 

Mon_133

I found the site where you can chat with someone for google pixel support: 

https://support.google.com/pixelphone/answer/7109524?hl=en&ref_topic=7084203

Mon_133

My phone carrier was with Samsung and provider was with Roger's. I have copied the instructions of how to resolve my situation before hope this helps: 

- Get phone's IMEI number (This can be retrieved from Settings > About Phone) 

- Contact phone provider and retrieve unlock code 

- Retrieve Master unlock code from company of the phone (example: Samsung phones; customer service 1800-726-7864)

1. Insert the SIM card to be used, then the Windows comes out,"SIM network unlock PIN when different carrier SIM".(If this is not shown, proceed with step 2)
2. Enter the MCK code (Note: Only one time chance, please do not make a mistake).
3. Unsuccessful message comes out, "Network unlock request unsuccessful".
4. Now, enter NCK (first) code right after step 3.
5. Successful message comes out, "Network unlock successful".

P.s: it was Samsung online support who helped me.

DWHarris

If it is asking for PUK, it likely  hasn’t been unlocked by the original carrier. I was sure mine was too, but turned out I was wrong.

was there a SIM card in it previously that you have?

Where did the phone come from?

You may be able to go to the google play store and seek some help to get the master unlock from them.

Nmorgan6

I'm not sure I think unlocked

DWHarris

What Carrier was the phone with before you put the public mobile SIM in it?

@Nmorgan6 wrote:

I have a Google pixel 2 and mine is puk locked and I have hit a wall with whete to find it I sent 2 messages to moderators and Im still stuck 

@Nmorgan6You just have to be patient.. the Moderators will eventually get back to you usually 48hours +

Nmorgan6

I have a Google pixel 2 and mine is puk locked and I have hit a wall with whete to find it I sent 2 messages to moderators and Im still stuck 

JeffHutchings

Hi There, 

I have a Samsung Phone and it was asking for the Master Unlock Code. I chatted with Samsung online and within minutes they gave me the Master Code. After adding that, I was then able to put in the Unlock code from my old carrier (Bell).

Nathan08

I have been having exactly this issue between Virgin Mobile and Public Mobile.  I have been back and forth for 2 days trying to figure this out.  In the end, this thread was a life saver.  I tried Virgin Mobile, but they insisted they could not help me find the master number. I cut that convo short and then contacted Samsung directly by chat.  The probkem was fixed in 5 minutes.  Thanks for posting this!

DWHarris

@BrettJarvis Thank you thank you thank you for the direction to Samsung Chat. Very helpful and resolved the issue in no time!

rsnelling

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!

Need Help? Let's chat.