cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM is not received yet

NarPokh
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi there,

My name is Narayan. I had ordered a SIM card on 18th Feb. An Email stating " A shipment from order 189438 is on the way" was received on Wed 2/19/2020 6:55 PM, But I have not received the item as of today (March 29). Dont' know what should I do. Please help me to use Public mobile phone service 

Thanks

21 REPLIES 21

NarPokh

Thanks for the information. I have never received such envelop. Also checked the shipping address, which is correct. Now I have replied to the moderator too. Hope the issue will be resolved and I will get the SIM soon.

Thanks again

mpcdesign
Mayor / Maire

@NarPokh, I wanted to see the correlation from my order and what I recently received.

Your order number is your reference number. Top-corner of the email is order number, that is your reference number. 

Screen Shot 2020-04-07 at 11.12.04 PM.png

All items are processed in Mississauga, Ontario. Canada Post Xpresspost (expect delivery in 3 to 7 business days). But, since you ordered this way back in February, and you haven't touched base until now, well...

Double-check the shipping address in your 'View Your Order' if that is incorrect, you know your answer. If it is correct, the moderators are fairly good about things. They will send you an email via this account of ours. You have 24 hours or else, they will close the ticket. So, you need to be on top of that.

Because the package is so small and slim, literally it's a turquoise blue envelope, that it can easily be slipped through the cracks of a shelve or cart. 

Here is a photo of the envelope. Pertinent information has been wiped clean. If you noticed up close, the back of the envelope appeared or tried to be open, but it wasn't. I haven't open it up actually. Maybe this will help the Canada Post staff member. 

front-back-envelope.jpg

@NarPokh  a moderator is what Public Mobile calls a customer service representative. And they can only be reached online. Through Simon if you have an account with PM, or through private message here https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Contact them, explain what happened, and ask them for a replacement SIM card.

Check your private message sent box (click on the envelope top right of your screen) to make sure the message was sent. Also keep an eye on the envelope, the mods answer will show up there.
You can also enable email notification to receive a private message notification sent to your email.
Go into your community account > my settings > PREFERENCES > Private Messenger > enable "Receive email notifications for new private messages" > Save

@NarPokh wrote:

What should I do then? the control is not on my part. I paid by credit card. and I have been communicating since February last week and checking mailbox almost everyday. May be I should give up using this mobile service, if so could you please manage to send this message to the appropriate authority who can refund the money I paid. Appreciate your msg. thanks

Please contact a Moderator who can assist you.

Step 1: Choose the ? button at the right bottom corner of this page

Step 2: Type in “moderator” and submit by clicking the small green up arrow.

Step 3: Simon will present you with two choices. Choose “Account-specific question”

Step 4: Then choose “No, I want a human”

Step 5: Create your ticket

Check the sent folder to make sure your ticket was sent (envelope icon, top right) and the inbox for a reply from the moderators.

“To ensure the safety of our team members during the COVID-19 pandemic, our Moderator team is working at reduced levels. During this time, you may experience longer than normal wait times when contacting our Moderator team for help.”

Moderators are available:

Monday to Friday from 8 AM to midnight Eastern time.

Saturday and Sunday from 8 AM to 10 PM Eastern time.

NarPokh

who is the moderator?

NarPokh

What should I do then? the control is not on my part. I paid by credit card. and I have been communicating since February last week and checking mailbox almost everyday. May be I should give up using this mobile service, if so could you please manage to send this message to the appropriate authority who can refund the money I paid. Appreciate your msg. thanks

@Jb456 wrote:

Generally they ship Canada Post but as I understand it now lately they have been using different shipping companies along with Canada Post.

I've seen that screenshot to my another member with a tracking number from a different carrier. I've also received a sim card shipment by Canada Post that had not tracking nubmer since it was sent as a letter. If either of these things happen, the suggestion from earlier (while a very good one) to track using the order number as a Canada Post referecne number would not work.

NarPokh

could you forward the link of the moderator please

NarPokh

I checked, but Can't find the current status of the shipment

Thanks

@NarPokh wrote:

I did go to the Canada post site and tried to track the order, The result was "There are no items associated with this postal code. 

@NarPokh 

Some error must have happened. 

As stated above, contact moderator who should help out. 

NarPokh

I did go to the Canada post site and tried to track the order, The result was "There are no items associated with this postal code. 

mpcdesign
Mayor / Maire

@NarPokh, you had mentioned in your post, an email stating " A shipment from order 189438 is on the way. In that same email, you should get a button that allows you to view that same order and see if and where it was delivered too. Check that first. It will tell you if it still travelling the Great Wall of China, or if it's at the Pearson Airport or maybe still in the head office in Vancouver. Either way, the answers are probably there, you just have to dig deeper into that email that you.

Screen Shot 2020-03-27 at 11.05.55 AM.png

bing13

Contact a mod. My service on another provider was coming to an end so I gave up on waiting and just went to the mobile shop to buys a sim card

@ryanrudolf wrote:

I ordered a SIM too last Fri Mar27 and paid via paypal. I got the paypal receipt but I dont see any order number in there that I can crosscheck with canada post.

You should have received an email. Go to Canada post tracking web page: https://www.canadapost.ca/trackweb/en#/homeEnter the order number as the tracking/reference number in the box. Order number is sent on your email when you place an order.

ryanrudolf
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I ordered a SIM too last Fri Mar27 and paid via paypal. I got the paypal receipt but I dont see any order number in there that I can crosscheck with canada post.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@NarPokh wrote:

Hi there,

My name is Narayan. I had ordered a SIM card on 18th Feb. An Email stating " A shipment from order 189xyz is on the way" was received on Wed 2/19/2020 6:55 PM, But I have not received the item as of today (March 29). Dont' know what should I do. Please help me to use Public mobile phone service 

Thanks

Sounds like your order got lost in the mails. If you're in a hurry to get PM service, just go to your local London Drugs or Walmart and get a sim from them. When / if yours show up in the mail...save it for gift for a friend/family.

@NarPokh 

As stated above, you will need to contact moderator.

Here is the thread to show you how to track  your Canada post package:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/How-to-track-your-SIM-card-order/m-p/...

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@NarPokh  Using the order number you can go to the Canada Post website and track your order. If it says it was received then it's possible that CP delivered it to the wrong address. 

If you did not receive it submit a ticket to PM and explain what happened. To submit a ticket to the Moderator Team, please start a conversation with the Public's virtual assistant, SIMon by clicking the icon below:

s.JPG

If you are still having problems contacting Public Mobile then click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@NarPokh  since its been that long, contact the moderators directly and ask them to send you a new one https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Keep an eye on the envelope top right of your screen. The mods answer will show up there.
You can also enable email notification to receive a private message notification in your email INBOX.
Go into your community account > my settings > PREFERENCES > Private Messenger > enable "Receive email notifications for new private messages" > Save

While you wait for there response use the order number from the email. To go to the Canada Post site and track your lost SIM. 

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@NarPokh 

You should have received SIM within one week.

You will need to contact moderator

To contact moderator via 2 methods:

New Ticketing system - faster response time

Click on the question mark on the right lower corner of website to start ticketing process to contact moderator.  Type: Contact moderator. Follow the prompts to submit ticket.  

or

Send a private message to moderator through the following link :

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.