cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM code

Saunders
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Currently, not able to add a payment option and so wasn't able to port a Fido number.

In the interum, switched to the Public Mobile SIM, but it's prompting for a PIN code.  Where is this PIN?

11 REPLIES 11

@BKNS27 wrote:

@Saunders 

Not sure about the SIM code you are referring to because there are no code on the PM SIM card but contact the PM moderator by clicking on the SIMon chat bubble and ask to chat with a moderator.

Yes, there is a a PIN on all SIM cards from every carrier. As stated earlier, that code is always 1234 for Public Mobile SIM cards unless someone changes it.  Also of note is that this is not the same as someone's account PIN.

@Saunders wrote:

the phone screen shows:

SIM service provider unlock PIN

You still have 10 times to unlock the device.

ok0cancel

emergency call

The PIN they're referring to is probably the PIN which is entered during the registration process.

I opened a ticket because when I click the "payment options" to register the SIM that results in a 404.  So, probably the PIN has to be set through Public Mobile first through activation, which I haven't completed yet.

The phone asking for SIM Network Unlock PIN means (as briefly mentioned earlier) that your device is still locked to Fido.  I believe that is also the case here for "SIM service provide unlock PIN", just that some manufacturers word it differently in the software.  If so, you need to get the unlock code from Fido. Please do not try to guess the code.  If you enter an incorrect code too many times, the unlock code will stop working even after entering it correclty and then, you'll need a master unlock code as well.

Saunders
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

the phone screen shows:

SIM service provider unlock PIN

You still have 10 times to unlock the device.

ok0cancel

emergency call

The PIN they're referring to is probably the PIN which is entered during the registration process.

I opened a ticket because when I click the "payment options" to register the SIM that results in a 404.  So, probably the PIN has to be set through Public Mobile first through activation, which I haven't completed yet.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've just been playing around with the activation process and it seems to be a little troubled for me. FF and Chrome and Chrome incognito. I'll play around with it later.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@Saunders  With Rogers/Fido issue today, it's not a good time to port number out today. Maybe wait till everything is fixed over there first

What exactly showing on your screen for the PIN?  Would help if you can show us the exact message.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Saunders wrote:

Currently, not able to add a payment option and so wasn't able to port a Fido number.

In the interum, switched to the Public Mobile SIM, but it's prompting for a PIN code.  Where is this PIN?

@Saunders if you were activating a Public Mobile SIM card and did not get past the payment section, then I don't believe you activated the Public Mobile SIM card.

Do you have any option (a credit card?) to make a payment? 

If so, wait an hour (to allow the SIM # to be allowed to try to activate it again during activation) then try the activation again.

Clear your browser's cache and/or open a tab in incognito mode.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Saunders 

Not sure about the SIM code you are referring to because there are no code on the PM SIM card but contact the PM moderator by clicking on the SIMon chat bubble and ask to chat with a moderator.

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@Saunders the default pin is 1234

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Saunders : Perhaps the phone is locked to Fido and that code is the unlock code. But did you activate the SIM and account? It's not clear how far you got. Not being able to pay would stop you from activating the account let alone not transferring a number.

Or that PIN is your SIM security code that you might have created once upon a time. That's on the phone.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Saunders 

If you don't know your PIN#, you'll need to contact a moderator to get it reset/reestablished.

To contact a moderator, there are 2 methods:

1. Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click here and type moderator, then select contact us, then select you need a human now.  Follow the prompts to submit a ticket,  or, 
  2. Send a private message to the moderator by clicking here  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

RosieR
Mayor / Maire

@Saunders where did you activate your sim card?

If in-store, they texted you your 4-digit pin#

If you activated online, you created your own pin#

RosieR

Need Help? Let's chat.