cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM card store locations rather broken

zero_gravity
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

yesterday i went out to get a SIM card to set up a new account. not wanting to wait on mail, i figured i'd check the map/database on the PM site to see who sells them. i happened to be in Orillia, Ontario. the website tells me that wal-mart and another small cell shop sells them.

well turns out that wal-mart does NOT sell the sim cards. they sell payment cards (basically gift cards) and nothing else. by the time i got this figured out, the other store was closed.

moving on with my errands, i was at the local zeher's getting some groceries. on a whim, i asked the PC mobile phone store there if they sold the PM SIM cards....and they do. i was happy to get one for sure, but why is the listing of stores this bad?

i don't think it's asking a lot to have an up to date listing of store locations. what would be the most important thing for any tool no matter what it is? that it works. if the listing on the PM website is spitting out false positives and not listing other locations, it does not work. it is broken. this is the very definition of broken.

i'd like to hope i'm a one off but i doubt it. i'll stop my rant here, but please do keep in mind that my purpose here is not to rant and rave (ok maybe a little) but instead to point out what i see as a serious problem that needs to be addressed. if people go to a store expecting to be able to buy their SIM card and can't get it, they're likely to go with someone else. this is costing PM business.

7 REPLIES 7

zero_gravity

@cavemantoronto wrote:

@zero_gravity I'm aware you said don'g want to wait for mail but if you order online, xpresspost is used.  That's next day service to Orillia. It might be sent out on the same day by Public.  If you amazon prime member, you can also get fast shipping, usually arrives in less than 2 days after order.  It might be faster than trying to find a store and finding time to go.

Yes I'm well aware of this and have in fact done this in the past. The issue was I was on the road at the time - I don't live in orillia. 

This is also completely irrelevant. My point is that the store locator is broken and needs to be fixed. 

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

@zero_gravity I'm aware you said don'g want to wait for mail but if you order online, xpresspost is used.  That's next day service to Orillia. It might be sent out on the same day by Public.  If you amazon prime member, you can also get fast shipping, usually arrives in less than 2 days after order.  It might be faster than trying to find a store and finding time to go.

zero_gravity

This was my thoughts exactly. The mods do read posts from time to time.

If this is a case of Walmart not wanting to sell the sim, PM needs to get on their butts and fix this. However, my point still stands. PC mobile is not on their list but does still sell them. If it was, I wouldn't have wasted my time at Walmart.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@zero_gravity 

Zehrs belongs to Loblaws et al that have The Mobile Shop that are known providers for Public Mobile.

As with everything "participating retailers". Your Walmart may not be a participating retailer.

Edit: But I agree...there's no The Mobile Shop mentioned in Orillia.

XionBunny
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@GinYVR wrote:

@zero_gravityYou would probably want to direct your message to the Moderators. Most people here are just general users of Public Mobile and have no influence on Public's corporate matters.

Please don't constantly forward people to the moderators for issues like this, they are swamped enough as it is, this will only result in more customer complaints over wait times, they do read this community, so this issue has most likely been noted, if anything the original poster should take issue with the Walmart that gave them bad customer service.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@zero_gravity  I am assuming you tried the wireless section of walmart.  most walmarts should sell sims and and vouchers.  Walmarts are notorious for not wanting to sell sims without activation.

@Alan_K  who should this review be forwarded to?

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@zero_gravityYou would probably want to direct your message to the Moderators. Most people here are just general users of Public Mobile and have no influence on Public's corporate matters.

Need Help? Let's chat.