cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM card shows as activated but I have no service

mylodon
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have confirmed that my phone is compatible based on the IMEI number. (It is a Samsung S6.)

When I first activated, I could not connect successfully to the network by entering my PIN when prompted by the phone.  Moderator advised me that my phone was still locked by the previous provider (O2 in the United Kingdom).  I found a store that could unlock the phone; it took more time and cost more because it was a UK plan, but they assured me it is now unlocked.

However, I no longer get a prompt to connect with the network, and there is no service from Public Mobile or any sign that I am connected to the Public Mobile network in any way. As recommended by the moderator, I tried turning off the phone, removing the SIM card, reinserting it, and turning the phone back on. No visible effect.

5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Auntyaubray wrote:

I hope everyone like s my idea.  I thought it may be a helpful thing as I read ppls helps. To maybe put tags on the bottom. Just to help ppl find things quickly by topics they may add in their questions. It s a useful directory system.  Happy to add.

Soooo.......where are your tags?

Hmm...you added tags to my recent post but not on yours.

Auntyaubray

I hope everyone like s my idea.  I thought it may be a helpful thing as I read ppls helps. To maybe put tags on the bottom. Just to help ppl find things quickly by topics they may add in their questions. It s a useful directory system.  Happy to add.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mylodon wrote:

Considered a factory reset but tried switching to flight mode and back. This seems to have worked (don't know why)! Thanks.

Great news.

Airplane mode is like a restart. And almost like doing the lost/stolen. The SIM has to go out and see what it has to connect to.

mylodon

Considered a factory reset but tried switching to flight mode and back. This seems to have worked (don't know why)! Thanks.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@mylodon, when you check network status, are you saying the phone is reporting that it is disconnected?  I assumed that the moderators have checked the account and there is nothing wrong at that end.  Whatever is causing the connection issue, it is a problem with the phone.  I assumed that when you go the unlock code, you were able to successfully apply it.  I can't recall exactly, but I thought that Samsung devices have some sort of region locking where a factory reset or network reset may be needed to clear the old network settings.  Please give that a try. 

Need Help? Let's chat.