cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM card not working

chriswells239
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi there, My dad bought a SIM card and a $25 bundle package. We tried putting it in his phone and it says it isn't unlocked so I tried the sim in my phone and it doesn't work (I have public mobile and so it should work). I have activated it and put the money on as this shows up in his account online. I have tried to reactivate the SIM but it says invalid SIM. 

When it is put in a phone it doesn't register it at all - it doesn't come up with Public mobile. Please help. 

7 REPLIES 7

@chriswells239 

If its easier for you contact the moderators via private message. Put "sim card not provisioned upon activation" in the subject line. You can manage your dad's service/ deal with the moderators on his behalf.

Send a private message...   Contact the moderators by sending a private message and leave a detailed message explaining your issue and the info to verify your account by including the following information:  

1. Full name and address on pm account. ( Or province and postal code for newer accounts.)
  2. Email, phone # and pin #.

If  you cannot remember your pin # include at least three ( if they apply)of the following:

1.  Date of birth (n/a on newer accounts.)
  2. Last payment, date, amount, type and last 4 digits.
  3. Alternate phone number if any.
  4. Security question and answer.
  5. Plan amount, any add ons or promos on account.
  6. Last 4 digits of sim card.
  7. Any rewards in your account.
  8. Autopay y/n?
  9. Account #.
  10. Frequently called/texted phone numbers in the last 30 days.  

The average wait time is 2 to 4 hours but be prepared to wait up to 48 hours for non urgent requests. Current wait times are about one hour and are probably even less as I have had some very quick responses in tne past week.

Keep an eye on your private message box the envelope icon next to your avatar for a little number to pop indicating a message from the moderators. Responding promptly will speed up service times.

Do not post any of this info in the community only in your private messages when communicating or contacting the Moderator_Team.

To send a private message to the moderators click below : https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

chriswells239
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Yes bought it at Walmart - and its a public mobile SIM and bundle.

@chriswells239 

The past few days has seen a higher incidence of sim cards not provisioning properly upon activation. Since you have confirmed payment has been taken and thus the account has been created thru activation please contact the moderators to properly provision the sim card to the account.

Wait times are generally under an hour. Keep an eye on your private message box the envelope icon at the top right corner of your screen for a lttle number to pop up indicating a message from the moderators. Responding promptly will speed up service times.

@J_PM 

Is pm aware of the the issue of sim cards not provisioning correctly upon activation is much higher than normal in the past week?

Anonymous
Not applicable

you have your Activated SIM card with public mobile and can you try to put it in your dad device see is will working, if work, i suggest you To Submit a Ticket To Customer Service by Moderator Team, the will check it your line..

Only one way to solve your issue , explanation to customer service by Moderator Team

and the are nice service Team the will help you 100%.

Here’s how to contact customer service by Moderator Team,

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click HERE to get started.

• or you can send a private message to Moderator Team  by Click HERE
  • You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

• please include in your message,
  • your account number, 
  • your phone number,
  • your account 4 digit pin,
  • your Email address,
  • explanation to them nice Team and nice service.

Good Luck

LurganIeUk
Mayor / Maire

Go into MY ACCOUNT and start the SIM swap.....to the last 4 digits showing match the last 4 on the physical SIM card?

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@chriswells239 

Since you have tried the PM SIM on your phone and it doesn’t work.

I would suggest you contact a moderator to look into this for your father.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@chriswells239 

Where did you purchase this package from?  Public mobile itself?  Or third party vendor?

If you tried the SIM card in your phone also and does not work, it is likely a PM service issue.  Maybe account was not provisioned properly.  

Need Help? Let's chat.