cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM card not working

Atroubledcase
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, I just bought a new Maxwest Gravity 5 LTE and I bought a new Public Mobile SIM card as well. I followed the instructions on how to activate my SIM card and my phone does not seem to sense the SIM card. I did exactly as they said. I had the battery out, the phone was off, I put the activated SIM card in, put the battery in, turned on the phone, and the phone said that there was no SIM card. So I restarted the phone, and still it said no SIM card. So I tried the other SIM slot (there are two on my phone) and it still says no SIM card. So I checked Public Mobile compatibility, and it says that it is compatible. So I don't know what might be the problem. 

13 REPLIES 13

if the price is comparable, I would go with @darlicious suggestions of the Moto E , too

@Atroubledcase 

I am surprised London Drugs is still selling this phone....almost two years later. If you are in a pinch because you don't have a back up phone you can use London Drugs does sell an unlocked moto e. The regular price is now $159 but I have seen it for $119 or lower maybe you can negotiate.....

If you do have a back up phone then I can pm you some good deals on phones but you got to act fast, I missed out on a US$139 google pixel 2XL 128GB today because I decided to watch the youtube review first. But you can get a great deal on a quality phone if you act fast. There are lots of recommendations in the phones and hardware section of the community.

@Atroubledcase  if you have another SIM, try to put it on your new phone to see if the phone detects the SIM

if you have another phone, put the PM sim into the 2nd phone and see if it works.

Atroubledcase

At first I tried SIM 1, then SIM 2, and I checked to make sure it was in properly. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

before submitted a ticket. 

do you can try your SIM card in different device !
to you know the issue from device or SIM card

Just left the conversation. 

London Drugs sells PM Sims.....take both back and see if they will help you. 

Did you get a welcome from PM by text or email? If not....maybe the activation is not complete  

Atroubledcase

This is a new number and my phone is unlocked. 

I will try it in a different device. 

And, I submitted a ticket. 

Atroubledcase

Ya, I read that other Maxwest models have the same issue. I got it from London drugs and I am able to return it within 30 days. 

You have 2 SIM slots. 

Did you insert in SIM 1 or SIM 2?

I would assume SIM 1 would be the default slot OR you have a setting to set the default slot. 

And I doubt if you have done this...but is it in the SIM tray properly?

Can you verify that the SIM works in another phone? Just to narrow down the issue to SIM or phone. 

Don't go the Moderator routine right yet. That, at this point, would be wasting their time. 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

.. there was a SIM card detection issue with another Maxwest model.  maybe manufactures defect

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Phones-Hardware/Phone-indicates-no-SIM-card-yet-will-...

Where did you get it from?  can you go back and exchange like the person from the post above?

**also, try to put in SIM from another provider and see

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Try wiping the sim with a clean cloth and try putting it back in one of your sim slots.  Is your phone unlocked ?  If your have another phone then try testing the sim in it.

Anonymous
Not applicable

sorry do you Transferring old number or you getting a New number !

and you check your phone unlocked !

Only one way to solve your issue , explanation to customer service by Moderator Team

and the are nice service Team the will help you 100%.

you have to Submit a ticket to customer service by Moderator Team,

Here’s how to contact customer service by Moderator Team,

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click HERE to get started.
  • or you can send a private message to Moderator Team  by Click HERE
  • You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

• please include in your message,
  • your account number,
  • your phone number,
  • your account 4 digit pin,
  • explanation to them nice Team and nice service.

Good Luck

Need Help? Let's chat.