cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM card not working

Fortitudine27
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am having an issue with a public mobile sim card and plan purchased a few days ago . I purchased it from Fast Cell in Vancouver . the employee was helpful set up the sim card for me and it worked initially for from dec 1st when activated to the night of dec 4th.  I tried to use last night it said no sim card so i tried resetting the mobile network settings in the phone both SIM ports and sizes and still didnt recognize the sim. So I went back there this morning Dec 5 and they gave me another sim card . I added the new sim card via my online account however the phone doesnt recognize the new sim card either . The store employee tested the sim card from his personal cell phone in my phone as well just to make sure and his worked in the phone so we know its not the phone . Phone was purchased brand new is less than a few month old its unlocked and in good condition and hasn't ever had a sim card installed or a previous provider before public mobile. If anyone can be of some assistance their customer service . I Paid for a month with the basic $15 plan and only used the sim card for 2 days before it stopped working and was told they could not do a refund once activated at the store today went I went back to the store. it seems public mobile do not provide customer support  .

10 REPLIES 10

@Fortitudine27 

Thanks for updating us!

AE_Collector

Fortitudine27

Turns out it was the device itself and not the sim card or public mobile issue. Very unusual the blu phone didn't work since it was the first sim card I used in it and the phone was only a couple month old it appears the issue was unrelated. Coincidence that it stopped working 2 days after I installed the sim. Just glad it's resolved.if anyone else has the issue it's likely the device.📶✔️ Thanks for the input

Fortitudine27

Yes I restarted the phone multiple times and tried factory reset settings and apps and everything. Its a Blu phone and it has since stopped working for some strange reason altogether since I started farting around with it. We did try the sim card in the retailers phone and it did work we also tried his rogers sim card in my Blu phone while it was still working and it also worked ..  they also gave me another public mobile sim card to try but neither of them worked initially. So I doubt that they got a faulty batch at two different stores.  what was also weird was that I was able to text and receive calls but not making outgoing calls . Im going to have to get a new phone now either way . I will update tomorrow after I decide which phone to purchase. *sigh*

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@PAULRANG18 wrote:

Best to contact a moderator by clicking question mark, bottom right, and follow instructions.

@PAULRANG18 probably.

@Fortitudine27 in the meantime, have you tried the lost-then-found technique?  If not, it's worth trying:  Lost/Stolen + $1 top-up workarounds

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

PAULRANG18
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Best to contact a moderator by clicking question mark, bottom right, and follow instructions.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@ChuckYeah wrote:

@Fortitudine27 Is it an LG phone?

@ChuckYeah that quirk only affects data EDIT: and doesn't develop spontaneously after a few days of working fine

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

@Fortitudine27 Is it an LG phone?

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

Can you try the new sim in a different cell phone just to confirm if the sim is actually no good ?

reid705
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Silly question but did you cycle your phone off and back on again. Sometimes phones get buggy when they've been on for too long. Seeing as you switched Sims cards, it's most likely that you did.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Fortitudine27  I would have asked the employee to test your sim card in his phone. 

SIM cards usually don't go bad but maybe that retailer has a defective batch. 

You best bet is to submit a ticket to PM and ask them to check your account for any issues. 

Submit a ticket as follows:

stpm-new.png

Need Help? Let's chat.