cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM card not working

Batman1k
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I use to have public mobile. Want to come back but it’s not accepting my SIM card. Says it’s invalid. What do I do?  Also do you have any LTE plans in Ontario 

5 REPLIES 5

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Batman1k 

You can’t reuse your old PM SIM. I would suggest you get one from Canadian Cell Supplies online or go to London Drugs or your local PM retailer. If you need one right away so you can take advantages of the current PM sales but remember to add your email address for these promos.

Remember that Referral Codes for the $10 discount are available from any PM members on this Community. 😉

LurganIeUk
Mayor / Maire

Once a SIM card or mobile account has been closed the SIM card is useless. You need to buy another one or ask if any one has any free ones or where to find one that is low cost and fast delivery. PM right now has 2 for $10 but apparently take too long to process and mail. 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Batman1k  you probably have left PM for over 90 days and your account likely have closed.  Old SIM cannot be re-used for another activate.  You will need to have a new SIM if you want to activate with PM.

No, PM does not offer LTE plan any more.  If you need LTE, you will have to go with Koodo or Telus.

Depends on what you need, 3G plan offered by PM are enough for most web browsing needs.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@Batman1k You must have a brand new sim card to open an account and activate a line. PM no longer offers LTE plans. Their data is 3G and capped at 3mbps which is good enough for normal browsing and social media here and there. 

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@Batman1k wrote:

I use to have public mobile. Want to come back but it’s not accepting my SIM card. Says it’s invalid. What do I do?  Also do you have any LTE plans in Ontario 

No LTE data plans. Are you using a new SIM card?

Try the live chat for activations:

https://chat.telus.com/chat/publicmobile/chat-pm.html?portal=publicmobile&language=en

Need Help? Let's chat.