cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM card not working

Shanedix1313
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Ok.

SIM card finally showed up in the mail. I activated the SIM card through the activation site of public mobile. Everything went smooth with that. I put the SIM card in my phone and it isn't working. I can't call, text or use data. My phone is unlocked. My phone is a Google Pixel 2 XL and is compatible with Public mobile SIM cards. My phone in settings> Network and internet recognizes the SIM card as public mobile SIM card. In the network settings it'll say "choose network" Public mobile network pops up. When I go to connect to said Public Mobile network it says "couldn't connect". Then a popup message at the top of my phone screen says "Selected network (Public Mobile) Unavailable."
Screenshot_20200814-211831.pngScreenshot_20200814-211813.pngScreenshot_20200814-211821.pngI'm honestly getting close  to call it quits with Public Mobile, but I'll be out $50 if I do, but I am hopping the community here can help me fix this. 

7 REPLIES 7

Coastal
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Did you end up finding a solution? After a new activation my sim will not register and says emergency calls only.  The phone is unlocked, on auto network connect, been restarted and I have tried all the suggestions to your original post. I received an email saying set up is complete but then the sim remains on emergency calls only.  I'm hoping for a solution

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@Shanedix1313

• enable/disable airplane mode
  • enable/disable lost/stolen mode in your self serve account under "plans and add-ons"
  • lost_stolen.jpeg

• update the carrier app and update your device to the latest security patch

@hairbag1 wrote:

@Shanedix1313...To eliminate hardware issues...try the sim in a different unlocked phone, if one is available to you.

While it is possible for a phone to have been reported lost or stolen, the selected network unavailable message is usually the result of the network side rejecting the connection.

@Shanedix1313 Automatic network selection really should be enabled. I just noticed that now. Some of the time, manually selecting the network doesn't work, especially if you're telling it to connect specifically to the LTE Network (if the manual search sepearates the different network types).

@Shanedix1313...To eliminate hardware issues...try the sim in a different unlocked phone, if one is available to you.

Shanedix1313
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Nope

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

Shut down phone and remove sim. After 60 seconds...replace sim and restart phone.

Does that work ?

First, try restarting your phone.  Also, check the IMEI against the database at devicecheck.ca.

If that doesn't work, service was never provisioned to your sim card properly. Please submit a ticket through https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat

Need Help? Let's chat.