cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM card not recognized, texting works, calling doesn't

marie6
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

I bought a BLU Advance A4 phone. It has room for 2 SIM cards. My Fido SIM card works. The Public Mobile one, I have trouble with. The phone "says" that the SIM card slot is empty, but I can send and receive text message. No calling possible, the phone says that there is no connexion.

Thanks for the help.

6 REPLIES 6

marie6

Plus, when I insert only the public mobile SIM card, no matter if it's in slot number 1 or 2,  I can receive and send texts just fine.. but still, in the settings, it says that the SIM slot is empty and there is no réseau available and no calls are possible..

marie6

Correction: I can receive text messages sent to my public mobile phone number, but when I answer, it's automatically from my Fido number. So, even if the connexion isn't there, something's happening.. Yes, I have tried switching the SIM cards. It doesn't seem to change anything...

marie6

Correction: I can receive text sent to the phone number of my Public Mobile SIM card, but when I reply, its automatically from my Fido SIM card. To answer your question: my phone is new, unlocked, and I had already two plans, one with Fido and one with Public Mobile.

@Alex888 wrote:

Is your phone still on the Fido plan? It may not have ported to PM yet.

OP did not talk about porting.  I think the intent is to run to services concurrently on the dual SIM phone.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Try repositioning the SIM card a few times.  Unless the phone sees the SIM card, there's no way to connect to the network.  The sending of text may be going from the Fido service.  If the Public Mobile SIM card is not recognised, there's no way possible for any activity to be originating from this service.  The other possibility is the SIM card slot is bad.  Try reversing the two SIM cards.

Alex888
Mayor / Maire

Is your phone still on the Fido plan? It may not have ported to PM yet.

Need Help? Let's chat.