cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM card not received even after 16 days

vladasonic
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

How can I get some help about not receiving my SIM card, thath I payed money for?

It was suposedly shipped on October 28. Today is November 13. I live in Burlington, ON.

On the side note, the virtual assistant is useless, the community login doesn't work when it takes me to submit a ticket. Searching articles on the community page often displays no results. Same behavior across multiple web browsers, so not likely a compatibility issue, but rather "by design" we literally have no practical way to contact support for services that we pay for.

12 REPLIES 12

vladasonic

I was able to activate the SIM using an incognito windows in Chrome, as suggested by the MOD customer support.

I took 18 days, but hopefully service works problem free from now on.

Kim1971kim
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

That’s really weird it might have got lost in the mail. I hope it comes soon 

vladasonic

Received the SIM, tried to activate, the website crashed (SQL error) at the select plan step, now retrying and it says invalid SIM. Terrible experience.

Raejaques

Mine arrived the same week. I would definitely contact someone.

vladasonic

Thanks everyone. I was able to get in touch with a moderator. A $10 credit was added to my account, and I ordered the SIM from Amazon, should be arriving today.

@vladasonic wrote:

I'd rather not pay again for another SIM card. Had I known that I can order one on Amazon, I would've done that. Because Amazon has customer support, so if any issues arise, I can get help.
I checked Canada Post's webiste. It is shipped, and it's going to arrive on October 29. I guess next year...

PublicShip.png

Clearly, it was lost. Amazon does also sometimes use Canada Post as well so the same thing could have happened. Amazon does seems to prefer that you talk to their service department using online chat, but yes, they do allow you to phone them or have them call you. 

The Public Mobile moderator wait time has not been very long of late, and they'll likely offer to send another for you, issue you a $10 account credit, or refund your payment (as a last resort because refunds seem to take an extended amount of time at Public Mobile).

lukevader
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Yes, exactly. I ordered one off of amazon when I needed it and it was next day delivery and less that $8 all in. I did get it too and its a real pm sim.

vladasonic

I'd rather not pay again for another SIM card. Had I known that I can order one on Amazon, I would've done that. Because Amazon has customer support, so if any issues arise, I can get help.
I checked Canada Post's webiste. It is shipped, and it's going to arrive on October 29. I guess next year...

PublicShip.png

vladasonic

Message sent.

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hi vladasonic,

Please send us a private message and one of our moderators will assist you.

Have a nice day! 🙂

PM MOD TEAM

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@vladasonic wrote:

Hello,

How can I get some help about not receiving my SIM card, thath I payed money for?

It was suposedly shipped on October 28. Today is November 13. I live in Burlington, ON.

On the side note, the virtual assistant is useless, the community login doesn't work when it takes me to submit a ticket. Searching articles on the community page often displays no results. Same behavior across multiple web browsers, so not likely a compatibility issue, but rather "by design" we literally have no practical way to contact support for services that we pay for.

Shipping usually takes max 4 days. You can login into the Canada Post website and enter the order number as the tracking number to see if it was in fact shipped.

Best to submit a ticket to PM with the order number. In the meantime you can order a SIM from amazon and/or ebay. Aslo other retail locations will sell you a sim like RCS. More options can be found here.

To contact Public Mobile click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. Don't forget to include your sim order number. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Moderators are available: M-F from 8 AM to midnight Eastern time and S-S from 8 AM to 10 PM Eastern time.

Note: Moderator Hours are subject to change, but you can always find the current times here

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

You could send a message to a moderator.

Moderator can be reached at 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.