cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM card not arrived

rpolisuk
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
I ordered a Triple Punch SIM Card on June 8th.  As of today June 18th (10 business days later) I have not received it (my order #redacted). Can I get a new one sent to me? By the way, your 'Get Help' form did not work to automatically create this request.
11 REPLIES 11

Thefox
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My situation is the same, my enquiry is frozen at the "submit button."  Now I see why this cell plan is cheaper.

@kchung6468 wrote:

The view order info link doesn't show the tracking number for Canada Post so I have no idea if someone accepted/stole my sim card or there was a problem with the delivery. 

I do not have exact details of when and why they have made changes to processing some orders but not others, but Public Mobile no longer ships all sim cards by and Canada Post Xpresspost.  Some sim cards are still being shipped by Canada Post, but as a letter. If that's done, there is no way to track the shipment. As to the roughly 2 week time that you've been waiting, that's actually not too bad, considering. I know that's not what you want to hear, but I've found that standard lettermail is sometimes taking 3 to 4 weeks to arrive across Canada.

kchung6468

Triguy, thanks for your reply.  I will give it another week before contacting a moderator directly using the link you provided.

I would suggest waiting one more week. There have been shipping delays on average two to three weeks due to the pandemic.  If you still have not received it then contact a moderator.

Moderators here https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

kchung6468

I got an email notification that order 209750 was on the way on July 14.  Today is Aug 1 and still no sign of the sim card.  The view order info link doesn't show the tracking number for Canada Post so I have no idea if someone accepted/stole my sim card or there was a problem with the delivery.  I figured it's time to ask for help and tried the chat bot.  It gave me a link to submit a help form but after filling in my issue, the order and address info, the Next button isn't enabled so I can't submit the form.  I tried different ways of filling in the form to see if the submit form was disabled due to incorrect/inconsistent info (e.g. postal code with/without spaces between groups of 3 characters, North York as the city instead of Toronto) but couldn't proceed.

Slow delivery, unable to track delivery, badly designed help form.... all adds up to a very frustrating customer experience for a simple transaction!

Daps
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@rpolisukCanada post is experiencing delays these days.

Try tracking your SIM card using your order number on the Canada Post website.

If it's lost, you can contact moderators. Click on the green question mark at bottom right to get started. Enter your question into SIMon. Follow/invent prompts until you get to the Contact Us button, click it and a Submit Ticket button should appear.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@rpolisuk  If you encounter problems submitting a ticket, you can send a private message to Moderators here https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437, but this alternative method may have longer response time.

It may be faster to pick up a SIM from a local retailer and keep the one on order as a spare. Be sure to get someone's referral code to use when activating for $10 credit. https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/store-locator

If you happen to be in western GTA send me a private message; I have a spare you may pick up.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@rpolisuk there's also canadiancellsupplies.com their sim cards are much cheaper and it took about a week to arrive 

rpolisuk

The sad thing is if I ordered it now from Amazon.ca, it would come tomorrow. I guess Canada Post is not what it used to be.

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@rpolisuk give it atleast till the end of next week. Covid19 still has things slowed down, especially for the post office

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@rpolisuk hi it is not unusual in these times to take a few weeks for a sim to arrive, give it a few more days good luck!! if it takes much longer click on the? Bottom right hand corner Ask Simon to speak to a human this will help create a ticket to speak to a moderator  mention  lost sim  check the envelope top right corner for a reply response time is 2 to 48 hours

Need Help? Let's chat.