cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM card not accessable

Kateme
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have activated my SIM Card and registered, however when I put the PIN that I used to activate, the SIM card is not working and not accessable.

5 REPLIES 5

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@Kateme wrote:

I have activated my SIM Card and registered, however when I put the PIN that I used to activate, the SIM card is not working and not accessable.

It seems that you phone is not unlocked. Ask previous provider to unlock it.

marimacas
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I think your phone is not unlocked from the previous carrier. Please ask them to unlock.

@Kateme wrote:

The account PIN that you chose whne you activated by your accont will never be asked for by your phone.

For future reference, the PIN for any new Public Mobile sim card is always 1234. However, I suspect, along with others, that your phone is probably locked to a different carrier, for which the sim card's PIN is useless for if the phone was asking for the SIM Network Unlock PIN.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Stay Safe!

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Kateme wrote:

@Kateme  That is a different PIN and is used to access your account.

Your phone might be locked to the previous provider. You must get the Network Unlock PUK code from your previous provider.

If your phone is a Samsung you might be able to get an unlock code from the Samsung website via a chat
To start a live chat session from Samsung's Contact Us page: http://www.samsung.com/ca/info/contactus.html?CID=AFL-hq-mul-0813-11000170.

Hope this helps!

Need Help? Let's chat.