cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM card has not arrived yet

NenaDeCruz
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I ordered a new Sim card and nothing has arrived yet. Not even a confirmation of a shipment.

13 REPLIES 13

nordiko

With all postal delays due to the pandemic situation, its regrettably a slow process at this time to get anything ON TIME (When I ordered mine it took nearly 10 days before reception)  but don't worry you'll get it pretty soon . Stay Safe -

@jlarocque96 wrote:

I know that my sim didn't arrive .... i thought... then I looked outside my door and found a sticker blowing around on the ground. It was my UPS pickup sticker. They tried to deliver and they missed me, so they left a sticker. i am lucky I found it otherwise I would still be looking. 

Public Mobile does use different shipping companies. As you've discovered, they don't always ship by Canada Post. As for your UPS delivery attempt notification, UPS would have came back the next day and the day after.  I am very suprised that Public Mobiel would require a signature for a SIM card though. 

NenaDeCruz

This seems to be a good solution but I will wait for a few more days. I must have faith. I also have to consider delivery delays.

Thank you for your help.

@NenaDeCruz wrote:

This service is useless!!

Hi @NenaDeCruz I agree.  I stopped recommending ordering sim cards from Public Mobile because their shipping is soooo slow.  I got mine in two weeks, and that was in August.  These days because of covid19 and holiday rush, who knows how long it's gonna be.

I usually recommend to check Canadian Cell Supplies for sale.  Right now, Public Mobile sim cards are on sale for $2.99. free shipping 3-10 business days, local pickup.  But with the holiday season it might take longer, much longer.. unless you live in Toronto, you can just pick one up from their store.

I would recommend for you to go to Walmart.  Some stores offer free Public Mobile sim card if you activate with them.  That is the best option this holiday season.

What about the sim card you ordered from Public Mobile?  It is always nice to have a spare sim card for future referral.  

Happy Holidays! 🎄🎄🎄

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Hi @NenaDeCruz 

You may be able to get a free one in Walmart, they often have promo is you activate in store

You can also use your friend's referral there too

Dtack
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

As Canada Post is so busy with Christmas and Covid things are taking longer to be delivered.  If you are in a rush places like Walmart, London Drugs, Superstores in your area may sell the cards, so you might want to check and purchase one locally.  Then you could keep the one you receive in the mail as a spare or give to a friend when you refer someone.  I have to say Public Mobile has been amazing in my opinion - great service and great value - hang in there, and once you get connected I think you will love the savings!

@NenaDeCruz wrote:

@NenaDeCruz hi they should have changed their delivery times over the holidays I agree but you can alway pick one up locally and ask for a refund personaly I find the service and prices here a great

jlarocque96
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I know that my sim didn't arrive .... i thought... then I looked outside my door and found a sticker blowing around on the ground. It was my UPS pickup sticker. They tried to deliver and they missed me, so they left a sticker. i am lucky I found it otherwise I would still be looking. 

@NenaDeCruz wrote:

Use the store locator as suggested by @kb_mv. You can find a store that does activations for you or buy a SIM card and activate yourself. It’s the Christmas rush so everything is taking longer with Canada Post.

NenaDeCruz

NenaDeCruz

When purchased timing was regular shipping is 3-7 days....3-4 weeks does not work for me, Crap service !!

Gunner123
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@NenaDeCruz wrote:

I ordered a new Sim card and nothing has arrived yet. Not even a confirmation of a shipment.

@NenaDeCruz hi unfortunatly it has been taking 2 or 3 weeks lately with holidays and the pandemic, hang in there 

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@NenaDeCruz wrote:

@NenaDeCruz You can expect 3-4 weeks for sim delivery with Covid and Christmas. Better off to go buy one locally and keep the second (when it arrives) handy for a referral to a friend.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/nb/store-locator

Need Help? Let's chat.