cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM card disabled

OS1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi There.

I've been a public mobile member for over a year, account in good standing and working as of last night. This morning, mobile network on my Moto g7 phone says 'SIM1". Upon further opening, says 'This SIM is disbled.' Tried reboot, downpower, re-inserting SIM etc, all to no avail. Hoping for some help, thanks.

26 REPLIES 26

@Anonymous  moto g7

Anonymous
Not applicable

@OS1 : Yeah. Wow. No IMEI. What was that phone again?

I found this site from a quick search. Is your phone rooted perchance? Or Samsung?

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@OS1  so IMEI is showing zero? This may be the reason why your phone is not working.

A few questions for you.

Do you have another unlocked phone Lying around or a family members phone that you can put your sim card in and see if anything works?

Did you buy this phone brand new or second hand off like Kijiji?

Has this phone been rooted? 

The phone software may have started experiencing an internal error.( It can happen).

You may have to decide to back up all your important information  , photos, etc off the phone and do a complete factory reset of the phone. This may get the phone working again.

Before doing a factory reset due try to see if the sim card works in another phone first. If it does then you will need to try a factory reset on your phone. If that doesn't resolve the problem you may have to take it to a repair shop or contact the manufacturer.

If the sim works in another phone and you can't be bothered with a factory reset it is Black Friday weekend and cyber monday tomorrow. You could always  get a new phone.

OS1

Apologies

OS1

My aplogies, the *#6 does work, IMEI says 0

OS1

I cannot dial dial *#06# from my phone, the SIM is disabled.

Under 'About phone', the the IMEI says 0.

'SIM status', No service

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@OS1  found this on a Google search hope it's your phone. Security and privacy then more settings.

motorola-moto-g7-power.jpg

IMEI should be in "About Phone"

Screenshot_20201129_160632.jpg

 easier to just dial *#06#

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@OS1 wrote:

I can't seem to find a SIM card lock setting. If there is one, I've no idea how it would have been changed. I'll have to check the full SIM number a liitle later, have to go out. Where would I find the IMEI number?

1. dial *#06# from your phone for IMEI

OS1

I can't seem to find a SIM card lock setting. If there is one, I've no idea how it would have been changed. I'll have to check the full SIM number a liitle later, have to go out. Where would I find the IMEI number?

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@OS1  if you play around in that area of your phone settings. Maybe smart lock or wtv is there anything where you have like a toggle switch to lock and unlock the sim?

Pic below from my phone. Not your model but try to find something like that.

Screenshot_20201129_154702.jpg

Could the 11 digit number be displaying possibly be a portion of your sim card number or a portion of your IMEI number?

OS1

Had the phone since being with public mobule, over a year. It was working as of last night.

If I go under Security and Adavnced, just belwo a scetion called Smart Lock, a message flashes periodically   SIM CARD LOCK

SIM1.......then an eleven digit number.

@OS1  have you always used this phone or did you just get it?

Also (I'm not sure if the below is exact instructions) but if you check you sim settings on the phone what does it say?

Tap Security & location > Advanced > SIM card lock.

Is sim locked there? 

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@OS1 wrote:

Thanks, tried all the above. One SIM only. No data, text only.

Settings:Network and Internet:Mobile networks (reads 'SIM1'): This SIM is disabled.

Active, all paid up to date, latest update

The link to Team Moderator just take me to SIMon, which does not really help.

Use this private link to contact a moderator. 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Try sim in another unlocked or Telus phone. 

OS1

Thanks, tried all the above. One SIM only. No data, text only.

Settings:Network and Internet:Mobile networks (reads 'SIM1'): This SIM is disabled.

Active, all paid up to date, latest update

The link to Team Moderator just take me to SIMon, which does not really help.

@OS1 

You wrote sim1. So I will assume you have dual sim?

IMG_20201129_133728.png

Where does it say "disabled". On your phone?..what's the exact message?

If dual sim could the sim slot just be turned off in settings by chance?

Can you try the other sim slot?

I googled your phone and found this. 

Check your SIM card

There’s a chance that the problem is caused by an issue with the SIM card. If this is a SIM card related problem then you can fix this by turning off the phone and removing the SIM card. Wait for a few minutes before reinserting the SIM card back then turn on the phone. Check if the issue still occurs.

You should also try using a different SIM card in your phone to eliminate the possibility of the problem being caused by a defective SIM card.

Re seat SIM and reboot phone. Is your phone a dual SIM device?

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

@OS1 wrote:

Thank you for all the replies. Last 4 digits of the SIM match, all finances appear to be in order.

Anything further I can do?

Can you confirm that your Account Status in self service is Active?

Here’s how to contact the Moderator Team (Public Mobile representative) for assistance:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work

Anonymous
Not applicable

@OS1 wrote:

Thank you for all the replies. Last 4 digits of the SIM match, all finances appear to be in order.

Phew.

You could try the Lost/stolen function to temporarily Suspend your service. Log out. Wait a couple minutes. Back in and Resume service. Restart phone and see what happens.

You could also do a manual payment of a dollar. Restart.

These are "tricks" that regulars have come to know that reset the account to a certain degree.

OS1

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jb456 wrote:

@Anonymous that the new edit instead of ninja's? 😃 I like it.

@Jb456 

Somebody along the way enlightened me that ninja could be construed as cultural appropriation and therefore insensitive. So I stopped using it.

Now I just put whatever comes to mind that I wasn't first to reply after labouriously manually typing the reply. We used to have macros. Gone. I can't be bothered to have a document of all the usual responses so I type. So I'm not first. Oh well.

@Anonymous that the new edit instead of ninja'd? 😃 I like it.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@OS1 wrote:

Hi There.

I've been a public mobile member for over a year, account in good standing and working as of last night. This morning, mobile network on my Moto g7 phone says 'SIM1". Upon further opening, says 'This SIM is disbled.' Tried reboot, downpower, re-inserting SIM etc, all to no avail. Hoping for some help, thanks.

Can you log in to the self-serve for it? Is it Active? Then go in to Change SIM Card and note the last 4 digits. Then shut phone off and remove SIM and compare those last 4 digits to what's on your actual card. Are they the same? If not then use the Lost/stolen function to Suspend your service and then change the password and then run off to all your financial logins and check for any losses.

Edit: crapperjack 🙂

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Screenshot_20200629_182641.jpg

Now take sim out of your phone. Do last 4 digits match?

Let us know

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

@OS1 wrote:

Hi There.

Log into self service and choose Change Sim Card and ensure the last 4 digits match your SIM card to ensure you have not been sim jacked. If they do not match put your phone in lost/stolen mode in self service and change the password. Then check and secure all your financials.

Need Help? Let's chat.