cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

SIM card deactivated??!!!

I purchased and activated a Public Mobile SIM card back in March 2020.  I was charged for one month service and I opted to do the monthly auto charge to my credit card.  I was never charged the second month and my phone was cut off.  Now it's been over 90 days and my SIM card and account has been deactivated, and now I have to purchase a new SIM card to activate another line???  Is this true?? Can I not just reactivate the SIM card I purchased and used for one month??  I have to purchase another SIM card just because of Public Mobile's error in not auto charging my credit card to keep my account active?? 

Accepted Solutions
Mayor / Maire

Re: SIM card deactivated??!!!

@Judes sorry, that's how it works here. Once your account is dormant for 90 days its closed and you have to start over. New SIM and sign up again. Stay safe.

And you do bear some responsibility in this your card would not have been charged for 3 periods. Why wait until now to try to rectify it? 

View solution in original post

All Replies
Mayor / Maire

Your account gets deacitvated after 90 days if there is no payment.  You will need to setup a new account with a new sim and different email.  You could try submitting a ticket to a moderator and explain what had happened.

Here’s when and how to contact the Moderator Team:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.
Mayor / Maire

Sorry to hear that

It's our responsibility to pay for the service, they don't bill you after but you have to kinda put coin before service will work, even with autopay on we must ensure its working

Here is a link to a discounted sim https://canadiancellsupplies.com/products/public-sim-card?variant=31239577829465 

Only $3 today and free delivery

Mayor / Maire

@Judes sorry, that's how it works here. Once your account is dormant for 90 days its closed and you have to start over. New SIM and sign up again. Stay safe.

And you do bear some responsibility in this your card would not have been charged for 3 periods. Why wait until now to try to rectify it? 

View solution in original post

Thanks for your response, I had no idea that the SIM would get deactivated after 90 days.  When I signed up for auto pay I assumed I will be charged monthly and the number would be active.  The number was activated for my son, but when COVID hit there wasn't much of a need for him to have a phone as he wasn't go out at all.  So when I called his phone and the number wasn't working I decided I would activate it when school started again.

Mayor / Maire

@Judes...the Autopay failure bug is an all-too-common problem within PM. To avoid that bug...a lot of seasoned users will manually pay their accounts a couple of days ahead of renewal time. As long as you have a valid cc or debit card set to Autopay, you'll still get the Autopay Reward...even if you manually pay.

Welcome back.

Mayor / Maire

Mayor / Maire

@Judes Sorry to hear about your situation, but yes, here in PM after 90 days of not payment, account is deactivated. To prevent Autopay failure, better to do manual payment even with enabled Autopay.

Thank you for this, I will have to keep this in mind.  The number was activated for my son for more safety/emergency purposes.  Kind of useless to think you have a phone when you need it but you actually don't just because Public Mobile can't charge people properly.

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Judes wrote:

Thank you for this, I will have to keep this in mind.  The number was activated for my son for more safety/emergency purposes.  Kind of useless to think you have a phone when you need it but you actually don't just because Public Mobile can't charge people properly.

Hey Judes,

Make sure the name, address and expiry date Public Mobile has is exactly the same as is on your credit card statement.  That is one reason a payment won't go through.

Need Help? Let's chat.