cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM card deactivated??!!!

Judes
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I purchased and activated a Public Mobile SIM card back in March 2020.  I was charged for one month service and I opted to do the monthly auto charge to my credit card.  I was never charged the second month and my phone was cut off.  Now it's been over 90 days and my SIM card and account has been deactivated, and now I have to purchase a new SIM card to activate another line???  Is this true?? Can I not just reactivate the SIM card I purchased and used for one month??  I have to purchase another SIM card just because of Public Mobile's error in not auto charging my credit card to keep my account active?? 

22 REPLIES 22

@mirwin07 If you read some earlier replies you will see instructions for contacting a moderator.

mirwin07

I HAVE TRIED EVERYTHING ...CHANGE PASSWORD... PULL OUT THE CARD ALL BILLSS ARE PAID AND I HAVE CHECKED THAT WHAT ELSE CAN I DO 

mirwin07

I AM SORRY BUT THERE ARE SO MANY WAYS TO REPLY AND IT IS SO CONFUSING ... PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME 

@rinialex09 wrote:

can you give me my account number 

@rinialex09 

You will need to access your self service account for that number.

Other possibility:  when you first signed up for PM, you should have got a welcome email from Public mobile.  That email will have your account number in the address to:  section.  

@rinialex09 we are customers like you and have no access to your self service account.  The moderstors are what passes as customer service for Public Mobile and are the onky ones with said access. So use the links provided by @Dunkman above to contact them. Stay safe. 

rinialex09

can you give me my account number 

@rinialex09 

@rinialex09 wrote:

my sim card is working but i could not login my account and i forgot my user id and password security question as well. please help me to reset the password

Then you will need moderator help.

To contact moderator via 2 methods:

1. Ticketing system - faster response time

Click on the question mark on the right lower corner of website to start ticketing process to contact moderator.  Type: Contact moderator or reset password. Follow the prompts to submit ticket.  

or

2 Send a private message to moderator through the following link :

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

@rinialex09 contact the moderators and ask them for a temporary password to your self service account. There are 2 ways to contact the Moderator Team:

• Faster response- Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Slower- Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Once connected to Simon, you will be asked to log in again with your community user name and password.  Please do, this allows you to continue and send your message.
- Check your private message sent box (click on the envelope top right of your screen) to make sure the message was sent.

- Keep an eye on the envelope top right of your screen.  The mods answer will show up there.  When it does, you will be asked to verify your self service account, with your password and login. Doing so allows the process to continue. Stay safe. 

rinialex09

my sim card is working but i could not login my account and i forgot my user id and password security question as well. please help me to reset the password

@rinialex09 wrote:

pls help me my account locked out and could not access any calls and internet 

@rinialex09 

More details would be helpful.  

Did you miss your payment?  Is your account overdue?  What happens when you dial 611 from your phone?  

Have you tried to reset your password?

https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/forgot-password/

rinialex09

pls help me my account locked out and could not access any calls and internet 

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hey there!

This is Arturo again, I'm following up your case since there hasn't been a response I remain at your disposal to continue with your case for rest of the day, remember that this case will be closed if there's no response.

I'll wait for your response!

Arturo - Public Mobile Moderator Team

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Judes wrote:

Thank you for this, I will have to keep this in mind.  The number was activated for my son for more safety/emergency purposes.  Kind of useless to think you have a phone when you need it but you actually don't just because Public Mobile can't charge people properly.

Absolutely ridiculous that a company can't reliably take your money isn't it. When nothing has changed on your end like address or expiry or limits or balance.

But here we are.

But still keep in mind that there are many thousands of customers using autopay without a second thought. But that doesn't help you.

DOA
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Judes wrote:

Thank you for this, I will have to keep this in mind.  The number was activated for my son for more safety/emergency purposes.  Kind of useless to think you have a phone when you need it but you actually don't just because Public Mobile can't charge people properly.

Hey Judes,

Make sure the name, address and expiry date Public Mobile has is exactly the same as is on your credit card statement.  That is one reason a payment won't go through.

Judes

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@Judes Sorry to hear about your situation, but yes, here in PM after 90 days of not payment, account is deactivated. To prevent Autopay failure, better to do manual payment even with enabled Autopay.

@Judes...the Autopay failure bug is an all-too-common problem within PM. To avoid that bug...a lot of seasoned users will manually pay their accounts a couple of days ahead of renewal time. As long as you have a valid cc or debit card set to Autopay, you'll still get the Autopay Reward...even if you manually pay.

Welcome back.

Judes

Thanks for your response, I had no idea that the SIM would get deactivated after 90 days.  When I signed up for auto pay I assumed I will be charged monthly and the number would be active.  The number was activated for my son, but when COVID hit there wasn't much of a need for him to have a phone as he wasn't go out at all.  So when I called his phone and the number wasn't working I decided I would activate it when school started again.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Judes sorry, that's how it works here. Once your account is dormant for 90 days its closed and you have to start over. New SIM and sign up again. Stay safe.

And you do bear some responsibility in this your card would not have been charged for 3 periods. Why wait until now to try to rectify it? 

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Sorry to hear that

It's our responsibility to pay for the service, they don't bill you after but you have to kinda put coin before service will work, even with autopay on we must ensure its working

Here is a link to a discounted sim https://canadiancellsupplies.com/products/public-sim-card?variant=31239577829465 

Only $3 today and free delivery

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Your account gets deacitvated after 90 days if there is no payment.  You will need to setup a new account with a new sim and different email.  You could try submitting a ticket to a moderator and explain what had happened.

Here’s when and how to contact the Moderator Team:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.
Need Help? Let's chat.