cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM card and phone plan

savpackerinxd
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Howcome you have to set up your sim and your plan at the same time? Why can’t you just do them separate? I’m out of country and tried to set my SIM card for when I’m back and it would only let me if I activated my plan 😞 

5 REPLIES 5

harshad
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@savpackerinxd While the existing arrangement of having to select a plan can be inconvenient, I'd suggest that you recharge with the cheapest plan, i.e. the $15 one.

If your arrival date is beyond a month, you can let the account idle into the grace period of 90 days during which your account will be suspended but your number will continue to remain allocated to you. Around the 85th day or so, you can recharge again to reactivate the active cycle followed by letting the account idle again if you are not yet in the country.

Hope this helps. 

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@savpackerinxd  Public Mobile is a prepaid service provider. Just activate the sim a day before you get back.

tabi159w
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I think they can't be activated separately because until a user selects which plan the SIM will be used for, PM doesn't know which services to enable for that SIM.

@savpackerinxd wrote:

Howcome you have to set up your sim and your plan at the same time? Why can’t you just do them separate? I’m out of country and tried to set my SIM card for when I’m back and it would only let me if I activated my plan 😞 

A plan and phone number cannot be reserved without paying for a plan. Until that time, you're not yet a customer.

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@savpackerinxd I'm guessing policies and because you need a number public can attach your account too. just activate it a few days when you know you're coming back

Need Help? Let's chat.