cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM card Number Invalid

lesbell
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Just trying to activate the SIM Card I received in the mail today - activation screen says it is not a valid SIM Card Number.  Probably caused by me first asking for a new number on the subsequent page, but I should have probably chosen the 'transfer' choice.  When I tried going back to do so, it insists I am specifying an invalid number.

12 REPLIES 12

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@Chafe 

Check your credit card. Has it been charged? If yes sim is activated. Put in phone and reboot.

If no wait another hour and use the live chat for activations.

https://chat.telus.com/chat/publicmobile/chat-pm.html?portal=publicmobile&language=en

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Chafe wrote:

New phone and SIM card via Amazon. Not a valid SIM. I wiated 1 hour, tried again 5 times. 

@Chafe 

i suggest you can try it for a different Browser and incognito mode,

close all Browser and do clear cache and cookies for any Browser,

how to clear cache and cookies in microsoft edge browser visit Here link,

and use a Browser from your computer,is better

use Browser microsoft edge or chrome latest version
and just make sure your Browser is up to date update
sometime is the Browser is not update is give a issue.

for microsoft edge how to update your browser visit Here link, 

and Restart your computer, is will help a lot,

and if you use a home internet please do one thing take your power internet off for about

a 1 minute and put it back on,to refreshing your network,

and Here How To Activate Online visit Here link  for more information,

Activate your Public Mobile SIM card

You'll be up and running in just 4 easy steps, Here link 

for new customers who activate online.only, To get  2GB of monthly bonus data for Free* when you activations on $35, $40, $50, $70 rate plans, for that Promo code for 2GB ,  2GBBONUS , that monthly bonus for 2GB no expires but you have to keep your plan and if you changed your plan you will lost the promo 2GB,just to you know.

put it the email for it and the same email when you do a new activate, Here link,

so when Activate put it both code

1. Enter  Promo Code for 2GB Free, ( 2GBBONUS ) 

2. Enter  Friend Referral Code (??????)  to you will receive a one-time credit of $10..,like a SIM card for Free is will be cover,

they will applied within 72hr,,,

*information about Refer A Friend Reward, How Does It Work visit  Here link,

plus Set up AutoPay and you will receive a $2 credit every 30 days. save money and safe and secure 100%.

Good Luck and your welcome to Public Mobile

with a Beautiful Service 

you will be very happy

Chafe

New phone and SIM card via Amazon. Not a valid SIM. I wiated 1 hour, tried again 5 times. 

@lesbell thank is great to hear. If you used a referral code for a $10 signup bonus. It will be applied within 72 hours of activation.

Welcome to Public Mobile 🙂

lesbell

Hello all and thank you for chiming in on this issue. 

Yes, the only thing to do is wait an hour and try it again then.  Once I did this, the SIM Card activated perfectly.  Thanks for your assistance on this matter.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@lesbell  The activation server is very finicky and it is advisable not to hit the back button because the activation will fail. As mentioned you need to wait an hour for the current fail session lock to clear so you can try the activation again.

Hope this helps and good luck.

@RosieR wrote:

@lesbell wrote:

Just trying to activate the SIM Card I received in the mail today - activation screen says it is not a valid SIM Card Number.  Probably caused by me first asking for a new number on the subsequent page, but I should have probably chosen the 'transfer' choice.  When I tried going back to do so, it insists I am specifying an invalid number.

Hi @lesbell if after rebooting and successfully finishing the activation process, you still have this invalid sim card number error, your phone could still be locked to your previous provider. 

The invalid sim card message being spoken about here is an on-screen message from the Public Mobile website. The activation site doesn't know if the phone is locked.

This is being over complicated with clearing cache, rebooting the computer or asking live chat for help.

When an activation is started and it goes past to the first page, any attempt to go back or start the activation again will prevent the activation from proceeding. The only remedy is to wait 50 mintues. 

RosieR
Mayor / Maire

@lesbell wrote:

Hi @lesbell if after rebooting and successfully finishing the activation process, you still have this invalid sim card number error, your phone could still be locked to your previous provider.  You need to get it unlocked by contacting them.  I hope this helps.  Good luck!

Welcome to Public Mobile and the Community!  Cheers!  1

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@lesbell wrote:

@lesbell try the live chat for activations on this page https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/plans

lesbell

OK, I'll try a reboot, and see what happens.

iliketotalk
Mayor / Maire

@lesbell wrote:

@lesbell hello try clearing your cache and reboot your computer try ingognito mode  you may need to wait an hour for the system to reset 😁

Need Help? Let's chat.